• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam build ideeas

winterrose

16/1/24
Land of Dracula
Hi guys!
In the ealry 2000 ts I bought from China a piece that I think was at the time the pioneer on rep watches...it was one chineese guy everybody was talking about on the forums, I really don´t remember his name.
Long story short, this is the watch I bought back then and the one I accidentaly discovered in a box and I am thinking about modding it.
Here are some pics...
Any ideea where to start and from where to source parts? Thx

And this is how the movement performs:

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
I like lefty watches, but then being a lefty for my whole life, I can never get used to wearing one.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Looks like one of the Parnis Marina Militare watches, with a 6497 clone movement. They're pretty well made, although I don't believe they're very true to any specific model.

As far as modding it goes, Athaya has a good selection of PAM parts, as does AliX (multiple vendors) and this seller on Ebay (I believe this seller is also known as "River"). There are more, these are just the sources I'm personally familiar with.

For that watch specifically, a dial would go a long way. Other than that, I wouldn't personally change much. You'll be throwing too much money into a watch that will never be 100% faithful to any model Panerai ever produced. Make it a fantasy piece on the cheap and enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: winterrose

winterrose

16/1/24
Land of Dracula
Looks like one of the Parnis Marina Militare watches, with a 6497 clone movement. They're pretty well made, although I don't believe they're very true to any specific model.

As far as modding it goes, Athaya has a good selection of PAM parts, as does AliX (multiple vendors) and this seller on Ebay (I believe this seller is also known as "River"). There are more, these are just the sources I'm personally familiar with.

For that watch specifically, a dial would go a long way. Other than that, I wouldn't personally change much. You'll be throwing too much money into a watch that will never be 100% faithful to any model Panerai ever produced. Make it a fantasy piece on the cheap and enjoy it for what it is.
Very instructive reading, thx

winterrose

16/1/24
Land of Dracula
I made up my mind, I would like to make a Bronzo build with my 6497 movement.
Any ideea where to source a fitting bronse kit (case, crown and crown protector) , but not with Rivers price tag. Thx

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
I'd spend some time on the Homage forum, there's lots of PAM builds there. There's tons of Bronze PAM cases on AliX at all different price points, but those guys would know which are the best to get at various price points.

winterrose

16/1/24
Land of Dracula
I'd spend some time on the Homage forum, there's lots of PAM builds there. There's tons of Bronze PAM cases on AliX at all different price points, but those guys would know which are the best to get at various price points.
I searched Ali for bronze cases and I relly didn´t find a lot of the, but steel ones. I´ll try the Homage forum then.Thx!

winterrose

16/1/24
Land of Dracula

winterrose

16/1/24
Land of Dracula
In the end, I think I will go for this kit, seems nice and I read only + reviews for Rivers.
And the final result...I really love the way it turned out.