• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 172

streethawk

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
15/3/21
Hello,

I´m cleaning up my Rep- box, and so a few of them have to go!
I tried to get a price for a 172 that is in my box for some years, but it is hard to get any information about this obviously rare model.
Perhaps you can help me about the movement, the maker, the age and the most important a realistic price for this watch.

Greetings
Falko

Olavmol

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/8/11
Amsterdam
That is one RARE piece you have there.
I can't help you with the factory and movement, sorry.
Rare watches tend to go for way more then they were sold for back in the day.
I'm sure multiple Paneristi here are going to slide in your DM.
Gorgeous watch and good luck with your upcoming sale.

KOT1917

Respected Member
Section Moderator
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

I guess it's old Josh, not a DSN. Is it a titanium case?
Movt., May be Swiss, check the brand under the balance wheel.

The caseback has no engravings, movt., The design is not correct, and the second's hand seems to have lost its color.

This is not the best that I have seen, but even in this form it is an Amazing and unique piece, with a good dial, in my opinion, this is a truly rare watch.

I do not know the actual prices of that time, in order to estimate fairly, but I think after this post, you will receive a variety of offers and be able to decide.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Afaik there was only one 172 version ever made, released by Davidsen, but this one has the wrong movement and incorrect sterile CB. It would be nice to get clearer pics of sensible areas like lugs, crown and tube, crown guard, dial. This is indeed a rare piece anyway, tbh I have to say most people (like me) could buy the watch only for the dial.

streethawk

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
15/3/21
Thank you for your opinions so far.
I´ll try to aswer the questions above. The case might be titanium but I´m not shure. Is there a possibility to get safety if it is steel or titanium?
The movement is an ETA 6497-1. The hands are blue only the second´s hand has a golden spot in the middle, but this doesn´t change because it is like that since I got the watch.
And here are some more pictures, hopefully they will help you?!

Greetings
Falko

streethawk

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
15/3/21
No, the watch is not sold!
There are so many different opinions about the watch that I´m very confused.

Greetings
Falko