• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oysterflex rubber strap CF 1:1 220312 review and sizing

lbforlb911

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/11/22
Anyone have real experience with this product? I'm looking to get the Daytona 116519LN w/gray dial from CF but I'm told the strap included is a full rubber strap instead of the steel/rubber combo similar to GEN. Would love to get some input from the experienced.

Also wanted to get some advice on oysterflex sizing. My wrist is measuring 19.5CM. Which strap code sizing should I request? I'm a little confused based on several other threads I've searched through. Someone mentioned he was an E+E (55/55) combo with a 20cm wrist and on Jtime site under CF the measurements for an F+F is 18.2-19.2cm which seems like the largest option. Any inputs?

My apologize, still new around here but love all the info and detailed reviews from the community.

rza996

Supporter
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
The CF oysterflex has the strip of metal inside the rubber, F+G should be the size you request from the TD

Reactions: lbforlb911

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
If you have an oyster bracelet you can measure the size by the number of links on each side (at least that's what an honorable member here told me). 1=A, 2=B, 3=C etc. I got 5 links on each side, meaning EE, 17,5 cm wrist. My oysterflex CF is inbound, still "being transferred to dhl" according to tracking, may still take a little while. I can update you when I have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lbforlb911

rza996

Supporter
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
If you have an oyster bracelet you can measure the size by the number of links on each side (at least that's what an honorable member here told me). 1=A, 2=B, 3=C etc. I got 5 links on each side, meaning EE, 17,5 cm wrist. My oysterflex CF is inbound, still "being transferred to dhl" according to tracking, may still take a little while. I can update you when I have it.
Not accurate, both Daytona and yatchmaster have oyster bracelet, but the sizing is completely different because the daytona has the half end links and the YM does not. There’s a oysterflex sizing guide for Daytona and a different one for YM.

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Not accurate, both Daytona and yatchmaster have oyster bracelet, but the sizing is completely different because the daytona has the half end links and the YM does not. There’s a oysterflex sizing guide for Daytona and a different one for YM.
Hope my friend advised me right, he's a Daytona fan... Well, if it doesn't work out I'll have at least 1/2 oysterflex to sell...

rza996

Supporter
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
Hope my friend advised me right, he's a Daytona fan... Well, if it doesn't work out I'll have at least 1/2 oysterflex to sell...
Well, there’s two small adjustments you can do on the clasp, one is the east link and the other is the three micro points in the clasp you can move around. I think you may be able to adjust those to fit your wrist

rza996

Supporter
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
Well, there’s two small adjustments you can do on the clasp, one is the east link and the other is the three micro points in the clasp you can move around. I think you may be able to adjust those to fit your wrist
*easy link

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Yeah, I already adjusted the current oysterflex I have EF-EF and it's a tad loose. That's why I bought the CF. But good advice, thanks

lbforlb911

10/11/22
Definitely keep me posted. Also would like to know if the strap included is the one with the metal insert. Another members review noted it was all rubber. Maybe CF just offers that as an upgrade.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Yeah, I already adjusted the current oysterflex I have EF-EF and it's a tad loose. That's why I bought the CF. But good advice, thanks

This info is valid for me, I have 4 and 6 links on my oyster bracelet and have D and F on my Oysterflex and they are the same length

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Received the oysterflex. Turns out the E I received is way shorter than the EF I got the watch with (watch is a noob V2... Or 3? Never mind...). Doesn't make sizing easy. Now the watch fits well with the EF @6 and the È @12.

bmwGSA

12/11/22
The CF oysterflex has the strip of metal inside the rubber, F+G should be the size you request from the TD
Do you happen to have the similar reference guide for 114060? trying to order one for my 40mm with 7inch wrist

rza996

Supporter
Certified
23/7/22
CONUS
Do you happen to have the similar reference guide for 114060? trying to order one for my 40mm with 7inch wrist
Oysterflex doesn't come with the submariner so there's no official reference/guide. But it would be the same sizing chart as the yatchmaster

Reactions: bmwGSA

spaceman007

5/1/22
Received the oysterflex. Turns out the E I received is way shorter than the EF I got the watch with (watch is a noob V2... Or 3? Never mind...). Doesn't make sizing easy. Now the watch fits well with the EF @6 and the È @12.

how do you like it?