• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Opinions Welcomed

TLRAM1

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/8/24
Allen TX (Dallas)
My name is Terry, live in the Dallas area and I am 64 yo, I have a Rolex Replica from about 30 years ago.

I have read most of the new member info from a couple of forums, I just don’t remember everything I read.

Below are the watches I am interested in.

• How do I tell what mfg made these?
  • Some say 904 SS, do you think that is correct or am I getting 316 SS?
  • I am looking in the price range of $600 USD, will you get a better replica and movement. According to what I read you will not get a better replica but the information is 15 years old and things change.
  • Pros or cons of the ones listed.
  • I have researched and read many threads in this forum but still need to get a grasp on questions I have.
  • I have read that Clean and VSF make the best replicas but what is what in the links? What about King Factory?
  • What series of watch is this one called other than Day/Date?

Thank you
Terry

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Patron
6/8/23
Italy
Buy only and exclusevily from TD listed here:

Most of the rep watches in that range of price are a mix of 904 and 316 SS. I don't know if it exist a rep made entirely with 904 SS. Gold plated reps are not the most recommended, because covered with a subtle layer of something that is not gold. 4 or 5 micron, this is the common layer. If heavily used, first or last you will need to replate the watch.

CF and VSF are generally the best for Rolex, but they don't made every model. Regarding QF, I am sorry but I can't tell if it's good or not.

Reactions: TLRAM1

Tobel

Respected Member
6/7/17
I'd recommend to start with steel reps rather than gold wrapped.

But if you choose a gold rep, then it doesn't matter whether the underneath steel is 316L or 904L, that's only relevant for as reps

Reactions: TLRAM1

TLRAM1

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/8/24
Allen TX (Dallas)
I can't tell the ones above what mfg makes them. VSF seems to be the way to go with a clearer crystal but finding a dealer who carries VSF has not been easy.

Is there one or two dealers I should look at for a VSF Rep? I think I saw maybe it was Steve or Andrew do a comparison of the above that I am looking for.

Thanks
Terry