• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

one hurtin' moonie

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
was talking with a work associate yesterday and immediately noticed his Omega moonie. he took it off and let me take a close look. said he had gotten it as a parting gift from his last job.

it was definitely gen, and while the watch head looked in decent shape, the bracelet was trashed with tons of wear. the clasp was pretty badly marred up. he told me he rarely wears it as he fears marking it up even more so it sits unused and not running most of the time for quite a few years now.

I noticed the chrono seconds hand was running and I asked him if he always keeps the chrono running like that. he tells me he has no idea what I'm asking and says he doesn't really know how the watch works as the pushers don't seem to do anything.
sure enough they do nothing when I try. the secs@9 are not moving either and the big seconds kept running regardless of pushing the top pusher.

none of this really seemed to bother my comrade and he was in no hurry to get these issues sorted. it told him the time and that was good enough for him.

wish I could be so nonchalant about my watches. I get a small scratch, or the crystal gets smudged with goo and I'm spending the next 5 minutes wiping my watch with my shirt.
:D:

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
:lol1:
the part where u said :
I'm spending the next 5 minutes wiping my watch with my shirt.
im the same way , and when my shirt is thick fabric , i use my girl's shirt :lol1:

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
was talking with a work associate yesterday and immediately noticed his Omega moonie. he took it off and let me take a close look. said he had gotten it as a parting gift from his last job.

it was definitely gen, and while the watch head looked in decent shape, the bracelet was trashed with tons of wear. the clasp was pretty badly marred up. he told me he rarely wears it as he fears marking it up even more so it sits unused and not running most of the time for quite a few years now.

I noticed the chrono seconds hand was running and I asked him if he always keeps the chrono running like that. he tells me he has no idea what I'm asking and says he doesn't really know how the watch works as the pushers don't seem to do anything.
sure enough they do nothing when I try. the secs@9 are not moving either and the big seconds kept running regardless of pushing the top pusher.

none of this really seemed to bother my comrade and he was in no hurry to get these issued sorted. it told him the time and that was good enough for him.

wish I could be so nonchalant about my watches. I get a small scratch, or the crystal gets smudged with goo and I'm spending the next 5 minutes wiping my watch with my shirt.
:D:
Me too! One of these days I am going to crash my car from staring at a damn watch!! Wish I could care less I would be a rich man!!

Aero_Dave

28/1/13
Still, he should get the watch serviced. A gen moonie deserves to be taken care of.
I miss mine.

Dave...