• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omegamania collector's handbook (gift from Relaxman)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
A while back I got a PM from the fellow forum friend Relaxman, and he said that he wanted to send me something Omega-related... and asked my shipping address.

I had no idea what it might be. The package arrived today and I picked it up today from the post office. It was a big package...it appeared to be a book: and what kind of book!!!

IMG_5052.jpg

"Antiquourum Omegamania"... over 600 pages of watch data. It contains huge pictures, model numbers, complete history and descriptions of all Omega models ever made. It also contains Antiquorum's estimated selling values of these watches, based on their previous sales.

Here's the related website:
http://www.omegamania.com/

Needless to say... being a huge Omega fan I was extremely delighted to get this.

It contains lots of beautiful vintage Omega models that I have never seen before. Some of them are familiar, but this book reveals lots of new interesting details about these watches.

All possible variations of the Broad Arrow:
IMG_5031.jpg

All different "Moon Watch" models:
IMG_5032.jpg

In-depth history of the Railmaster:
IMG_5039.jpg

Lots of very desirable vintages. Have you ever seen the "Big Blue" Seamaster?
IMG_5041.jpg

In-depth history of the Seamaster:
IMG_5042.jpg

Bling Seamaster Chronograph. Very dressy, not the usual rugged SMP look.
IMG_5043.jpg

Vintages (Ubi would like these):
IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

Complications and tourbillons:
IMG_5047.jpg

Some auctions...

Pierce Brosnan's preowned SMP:
IMG_5048.jpg

Daniel Craig's "Ultimate PO" :lol:
IMG_5049.jpg

In short: This book has everything. Even the quartz-powered digital Omegas (not the highest moments of the brand history). If you're a Omega fan this book is a must-have.

I'm amazed that fellow members keep sending me things. I got the Noobmariner from my mate Alextor... and now this! Can't say anything but HUGE THANKS to Relaxman, this was extremely generous of you... and really made my day! This is the greatest watch-related book I've ever seen... a real "Omega Bible".

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Great...there is lots of info to process :D

Cheers,
vaccum

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
That is one great book you got they By-Tor. Im jealous as I am a Omega fan as well.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
wow I'm impressed! That looks like a treasure of omega reading. I'll be on the lookout for one...congrats and cheers to relaxman for the generosity.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
wow... 350CHF for the book. Nice gift! Good luck, enjoy reading.

smalls

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/07
That book looks very nice. I may have to order one off the bay....enjoy it! :)

bcg513

Horology Curious
15/7/07
Great Gift

Wow I have been looking for this book of and on for about a month. It originally went for like 50.00 usd but have seen it on ebay for much more. It does have everything!!!

Enjoy!!!!