• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega UPO Chrono A7750 reliability??

auwareagle01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/09
Hey guys got a question....What has been the over all experience with the PO Chrono Version Asian 7750. I know everyone likes the regular PO with the ETA or Clone but have not seen much in my searches about the reliablity of the A 7750. Is it a good buy?? Or should I just get the Standard PO with the 2824 ETA/Clone for reliablity??

Thanks in advance for the responses!!!!

Chris

Scubadiver

19/7/09
Hi Chris

You will find many different opinions on this movement.

However, I have had absolutely no problems with mine.

Good luck

auwareagle01

12/8/09
Thanks for the response Scuba...how long have you had yours and who did you get it from??? Cost??? I really like the Chrono model the best but have just been very leary of the the A 7750.

Thanks,

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Well, in the first point, if you're leary of the A7750, you're likely not going to be buying any chrono reps anymore. Notwithstanding any dealer claims to the contrary, virtually every chrono rep has an A7750 now (and they have for about a year). The ETA movements dried up a long time ago. In general, an unmodified A7750 (with running seconds at 9) is a good movement. There have been massive problems with the modified seconds at 6 and seconds at 12 (although I'm told these issues will be resolved with some new Solita movements coming out in reps later this year or early next). And there will be bad batches of A7750s occasionally. But as a GENERAL rule, the A7750s are fine. That being said, do NOT, under any circumstances, set the date between the hours of 8:00 and 4:00. This will strip the gears of the watch very quickly. But this is true of any 7750, not just the A7750.

Scubadiver

19/7/09
Chris

I have had mine for +- 3 months from Mark at Timeshop.net.

How much I paid - I honestly cannot remember.

All the recommended dealers on this forum are amazing!

Just a few things. Read up about setting these bad boys. Avoid the movement with seconds at 6. And read read read!

Good luck.