• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Super Reps

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
Which Omega watches would you consider true "super reps" out of the box, if any?

Seems like the new ceramic POs have a good shot at being "super" down the road, but even the great UPO has more flaws than say "PAM/AP diver" caliber "super reps".

From what I've seen, there are a bunch of "great" Omega reps out of the box but they all require modding to get to that next level. Thoughts?

mfernico

Known Member
21/3/13
I've seen a rep ceramic PO. Didn't have a gen side by side, but it felt like a gen on the wrist and looked damn good.

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
I've seen a rep ceramic PO. Didn't have a gen side by side, but it felt like a gen on the wrist and looked damn good.

It's a good rep for sure but the caseback is way off, no? Far from super rep status at it's current version.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Considering what pams super reps looks like, there are no omegas like that.

Since i have hold almost all of the current omega reps, i think UPO is the best choice.

Next in line is the ploprof and smp chrono diver and if you are lucky enough to find a closed factory smp which is a very good rep.

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
So is it true to say that Omega has no super reps whatsoever?

Even Breitling super reps (Superocean 44, SOSF v2) seem much better out of the box. What do you think?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Considering what pams super reps looks like, there are no omegas like that.

Since i have hold almost all of the current omega reps, i think UPO is the best choice.

Next in line is the ploprof and smp chrono diver and if you are lucky enough to find a closed factory smp which is a very good rep.

+1

I think it's a toss up between the UPO and Ploprof for first. The V2 Ploprof is pretty darn good...imo less flaws than the UPO, but I may be wrong :)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep sounds about right, not much in the realm of true superrep in the omega rep category.
The V2 ploprof comes close and UPO is good. Other good notables were the old railmaster, speedmaster date and closed factory smp and smp chrono as mentioned, but most not available anymore ......unfortunately.

We need a true omega superrep, although it is getting harder to achieve that with displaybacks being all the rage these days.

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Damn 45.5 too big for my wrists. I think I am going to get the v5,42mm next paycheque.

Longing for the day the Speedy Pro Moonwatch will be a super-rep.

Devil*man

Looking Around
30/3/13
I like to get 45mm black dial and bezel. So the "liquid metal" engraving is huge minus. : (

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I like to get 45mm black dial and bezel. So the "liquid metal" engraving is huge minus. : (

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think its a bigger minus than the movement its self...

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
Any chance a "v6" 42mm PO will be released in the future that will fix v5 problems?