• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Speedmaster Pro, 50th Anniversary

Itsawindup

Horology Curious
4/9/13
Couldn't wait to show you my latest aquisition.

This version has the Lemania 321 movement, the same as used by Omega in the original version which was later upgraded to become the 861.

It has the usual issue that the sub-dial at 6 shows 24 hour clock instead of the Crono-counter function, but the others work as intended.
The bracelet is spot-on with the logo and deployment device, it has the screw-down crown and a nice lume to the hands and batons.

The face crystal is very slightly curved, as it should be, and the back glass is flat. The finish on the movement is exceptional.....even better than the photos of the original Lemania movement was! Truly astonishing piece of work!

Keeps really good time too! Spot-on 21,600 beats.

http://s1288.photobu...160596201335175

The other photos are in the same library.

Its a heavy watch, weighing in at 151 grams but feels like a custom-made fit on my chunky wrist.

I absolutely love it. Whaddya think?

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
May i ask how much this set you back? This is a grail watch for me..

Itsawindup

Horology Curious
4/9/13
Hi Jordan

The link is here

US$ 278

You won't be disappointed, its a great watch and the movement is stunning.

You are in safe hands with Andrew. This was my second purchase and both have been fantastic.

I still havn't figured out how to post photos on the page...doh!

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
beautiful watch and love the movement. Now I need to go to the Omega AD and try on a 40mm watch as I'm afraid that's too small for my wrist (I usually wear a 45mm PO).

Itsawindup

Horology Curious
4/9/13
beautiful watch and love the movement. Now I need to go to the Omega AD and try on a 40mm watch as I'm afraid that's too small for my wrist (I usually wear a 45mm PO).

Just measured mine and the case is more like 41mm without crown and 43 with. Thickness/depth is 13mm. Not exactly small,....unless you are really Hulk!

icon10.gif

Itsawindup

Horology Curious
4/9/13
Any issues with the Lemania banking?

I assume that you are referring to the overwinding of the mechanism, which can happen when an automatic watch continues to apply force to the mainspring even though it is fully wound. This is a manual wind and I never take the wind right to the top. You can feel the resistance increase and I normally take it to about 3/4. I only had the watch for a week so no issues to report.

From experience with the Lemania movement a full wind will give it 50 hours of reserve, so I just give it a tickle every day. Common sense... as with every manual watch.

So, the only issue with "Banking" is that I have noticed the funds in my account have dropped a little.

icon7.gif

Itsawindup

Horology Curious
4/9/13
Just one thing I should add....my wrist measures 8 1/2 inch ( 21.5 mm ) and this bracelet is a PERFECT fit for me. However, there is no means of lengthening/shortening the bracelet without adding or removing links. It dosn't have the extra holes in the clasp.

The last four links on one end plus three on the other have tiny screws so they can be removed.

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
Thanks for taking time. I have been after one of these since I saw a fellow forum member sell their gen. Very nice!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Very nice indeed, thanks for posting it!