• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega-Speedmaster-Moon watch/Omega Symbol Etched Crystal

Plasma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/07
I went and looked at a real one at an AD today. He showed me how the Omega symbol is etched on the crystal right in the center.

Do the reps have this as well or does someone know which dealer sells one that does?

Thanks

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
is that only in the speedmaster??? i dont see an etching in my PO anywhere.

Plasma

28/6/07
Yes, I believe so. It may only be the Moonwatch as well. I am looking for you experts to answer this one.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
wow~ that's something new to me....

does it, really???

in the middle of the freaken crystal????

drhydro

23/3/06
I'm pretty sure that all Omega acrylic/plex/plastic crystals have a tiny omega mark right in the center of the crystal. Almost have to have a loupe to see it, but it's stamped, not etched. I don't know about mineral or sapphire, though.
At least, all the gen plastic crystals I've replaced on the tuning fork watches I have are so marked.

davethecat

16/3/06
Yes

All of the speedy moon pros have a omega symbol right on top of the hand stack.

Not sure how far back it goes, but at least as far as 2000.

magagne

Known Member
28/7/07
drhydro said:
I'm pretty sure that all Omega acrylic/plex/plastic crystals have a tiny omega mark right in the center of the crystal. Almost have to have a loupe to see it, but it's stamped, not etched. I don't know about mineral or sapphire, though.
At least, all the gen plastic crystals I've replaced on the tuning fork watches I have are so marked.

Gen moonwatch version with the sapphire (sandwich sapphire version) don't have the logo on the crystal, logo is only on the plexy version.

V

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07
Vintage has it too!!

My gen 1961 Seamaster 30 has the etched symbol in the center of the crystal...it is a plastic crystal, not glass/saphire.

hendrixelixir

11/8/07
Will over polishing the hesalite with polywatch eventually rub out the etched omega symbol?