• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Speedmaster experts: Is this real?

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
I always thought that all of the Speedmaster "moon" style watches had inner dials that were really close to the hands, whereas the reps dials were closer to the sides of the dial.

I see a LOT of Speedmasters that have spaced inner dials, more like the fakes, on eBay, but they are going to high prices and are from 100% watch sellers. I am just trying to find out if Omega did switch to a different movement with the spaced (no pun intended) inner dials for a while. For instance, the watch I am looking at is from around 1998 and appears more like a rep, but it is automatic and I see that it has the 10/20/30 dial on the left where all the reps I see have this dial on the right.

EDIT:
I think I have solved the mystery - this version seems to be called the "reduced chronograph," 3510.50, no longer in production.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
These are gens alright, they are the reduced model, does it look like this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4126/5095848669_65b833683d.jpg

they are smaller than the full size but perfectly gen....check out speedy reduced on google for more info on sizes etc.

Edit,.....just reading your edit now :D

===============================================================
Edit again:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attach...424-speedy-reduced-pro-side-side-2speedys-jpg

better pic of side by side to full size.....if you have smaller wrists the reduced is not a bad option for a budget speedy....the full size is obviously the 'one' to get but It's usually double or even more than that pricewise!

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
The movement used will determine the subdial spacing. The Moon version of the Speedmaster has an 861/1861 movement that has very tight subdials. There is a gen Speedmaster automatic version that has the subdials much farther apart, but it's not a Moon (3570.50).