• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Speedmaster chronograph Seagull chrono movement

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
I will be going to bed shortly to get ready for the ever popular 3rd shift. I am curious about the seagull Omega Speedmaster chronograph. Who owns it and how well does the chrono work? I would actually like to use the feature from time to time. I see the running secs are at 9 so I won't have to worry about that extra gear when the secs are moved to 6. So thoughts?

Thanks,

David

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
Let me start by saying that I love my Rep Speedmaster . So I'd encourage you to get one, but make sure you understand how the sub dials differ from the gen. I say this because you say you would be using the chronograph.

The chrono only works on the 3 o'clock minute counter which goes up to 30 minutes. The 6 o'clock sub dial does not count the hours elapsed, it acts as another hour hand. So basically you can only time something up to 30 minutes with this replica and movement combination.

I realised this before I bought and it doesn't bother me. But if I need to measure time elapsed for more than 30 minutes I wear another watch.

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
dangerman said:
Let me start by saying that I love my Rep Speedmaster . So I'd encourage you to get one, but make sure you understand how the sub dials differ from the gen. I say this because you say you would be using the chronograph.

The chrono only works on the 3 o'clock minute counter which goes up to 30 minutes. The 6 o'clock sub dial does not count the hours elapsed, it acts as another hour hand. So basically you can only time something up to 30 minutes with this replica and movement combination.

I realised this before I bought and it doesn't bother me. But if I need to measure time elapsed for more than 30 minutes I wear another watch.

Thank you Dangerman. It is a beautiful watch. I am getting into the Omega's more and am currently wearing my Stan Bond Omega. A beautiful watch.

Is there any brand rep that has a functional chrono for all hands that is not quartz?

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
Lots with perfect chronographs. Too many to mention. The Seamaster Professional Chronograph just to name one which I own.

Great rep if you are OK with the Asian 7750 movement. The latest version of this movement seems pretty good but it's a bit early to say for sure. Mine works great, no problems at all.

Just stay away from seconds at 6 o'clock if you want reliability.

I'm sure others will recommend more...come on guys and gals...or maybe we need a new post for that?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
The so called "lemania" or venus or seagull blah watever movement is rocksolid. I've owned my speedy reduced and the chorono functions works all teh time. a lot of folks here will also attest to its rock solid build.

if you want functional hands in all chronos, you'll be looking at asian 7750's. The omega smp chrono be sportin' one, and i think the newere 28800 beat asian 7750 are supposed to be more reliable.