• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SMP Pro 300m Asian ETA automatic

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Hi guys,

Got this Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Asian ETA automatic movement from Marvellous Replica, it's the newer version Omega SMP (ref: 2220.80) blue wave dial with the 'red' Seamaster text.

I'm a big fan of the Omega seamaster 'Bond' version and has been looking for a nice rep since I joined the forum, but recently wanted to get the SMP Chrono instead. Unfortunately, the chrono version has been out of stock for quite some time now, so when I saw acharria's SMP from MR I decided to get one.

On to the picts...

OmegaSMPProAsianETA01.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA02.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA04.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA05.jpg

OmegaSMPProAsianETA03.jpg

Plus side:
The watch has a nice overall build, the case and the bracelet has a nice shine to it, the clasp engraving is well made, the bracelet pins are easy to remove and replace. And with a little baby oil love, it became a joy to wear. And who can miss the pearl, it has improved so much with this version, it looks really nice. The sapphire glass looks great too.

The dial, datewindow, and the hands are good too, as well as the lume. The lume is better than the normal rep lume, althought it doesn't last that long. The datefont looks the same as the gen ETA datewheel, but the font is thinner than the gen.

Minus side:
This version has its own list of minus side, most notably the crown guard, it needs some tender loving shave. :lol: I checked with Goin if he can do the cg mod for this watch and got a positive response.

The newer SMP uses the new caseback that looks similar to the SMP chrono version. This version has the old caseback and the engraving looks different even if this is the old version SMP.

To make the sapphire glass even better, this version should have an AR mod.

And just like most of the PO versions, this watch has the 'happy feet' and the Qmega logo.

As a parting shot, here's a wristie. Hope you enjoyed the photos. Time will tell if this watch will be a keeper, as of now it seems to be a transitional watch until the SMP chrono becomes available again. :)
OmegaSMPProAsianETAwristshot.jpg

Cheers,
madcatlancelot

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Nice choice, enjoy!

katt

Trusted (Watch Repair)
Trusted Dealer
Vendor (Watch Repair)
14/9/09
you gotta luv Omegas.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
thanks guys for the kind words, I might not push through with having the mods for this watch and sell it soon.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
that pearl looks great.

how is the He valve position? if the He valve was good with that pearl I'd be sold.

reeder139

Supporter
14/4/09
Hi mate, I have the same one with a gen dial, hands and bezel. My crown guards aren't as bad as this one but could still do with mod. With these mods it's almost perfect. One of my favourite watches of all time and yes your pearl is much better than they used to be.

Great watch.

ostatecowboy67

Known Member
28/7/10
That is a nice looking watch. I have been looking for one just like it. If you decide to sell it PM me. Or, if you are going to keep it PM me and let me know where you got is, please?

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
@ostatecowboy: I've actually sold it a few months ago and got the chrono version from another member.

I got this watch from marvellousreplica, you can send him an email at [email protected].

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
MCL, judging on your avatar it looks like you finally got your holy grail, congrats it looks beautiful!

Ostatecowboy, I bought this same watch from Lay at replicamake.com. Send him a PM, he is a pleasure to deal with. Good luck!

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Thanks A, yeah i finally got hold of the smp chrono from another member, it's a beauty! :)
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/thanks-taka-excellent-ar-coating-57410?t=57410

Wow that sure is! Was never intending on buying a chrono, but this may have peaked my interest! Too bad what usually peaks my interest also happens to sink my bank account :biglaugh:

PS much like you said, the CG and bezel are starting to bug me on mine, very seriously considering sending it to goin to get prettied up!

D

d4m.test

I love the watch! I am looking for the chrono version, but apparently it's hard to find... I am waiting a little longer to see if a few dealers can find one! But if they can't, then I think I might get this version.

The only thing which I don't like is the O in the lettering, is it that noticeable? Or am I just being dramatic?!?

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
I love the watch! I am looking for the chrono version, but apparently it's hard to find... I am waiting a little longer to see if a few dealers can find one! But if they can't, then I think I might get this version.

The only thing which I don't like is the O in the lettering, is it that noticeable? Or am I just being dramatic?!?

You mean the QMEGA? :biglaugh:

No, it is not noticeable at all. The lettering is so small and so shiny you seriously need to know it's there and look for it to notice it.

D

d4m.test

Thank you!!! Now I will stop worrying and wait if one of the chrono models comes back to stock!