• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SMP GMT

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
I just found a real nice SMP GMT Black face, with the correct date wheel color. I had to grab it. I couldn't believe I found one that looks this good.

These are really quick and dirties.
I have to get some better shots down the road.

Omega001.jpg

Omega002.jpg

Omega003.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I wouldn't mind having one of these. The minute hand and GMT hand are a bit too short but that was excepted. The bezel looks great (unlike the previous versions and it's quite accurate). There simply isn't better rep of this watch.

Great find! Now find me one too. ;)

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
By-Tor said:
I wouldn't mind having one of these. The minute hand and GMT hand are a bit too short but that was excepted. The bezel looks great (unlike the previous versions and it's quite accurate). There simply isn't better rep of this watch.

Great find! Now find me one too. ;)

LOL!!! If I find another, you'll be the first to know! :wink: :wink: :wink:

manydivers

Known Member
16/8/06
OMG0019A.JPG

Hmmm.........

I've noticed the flurry of activity in the dealer section regarding this thread.

Not as exclusive / new as described, I found one from a UK source
with the correct bezel and black date with white border quite easily.
Doubt it has a sapphire crystal though, as the above claims.

/mds.

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

pswohrle

Horology Curious
7/12/06
Awesome watch

I got mine today from WBK - better than promised. Best rep I have seen so far...

space

Looking Around
21/10/06
I got one of the from trusty too, but it as a black on white datewheel, and the engravings suck.
By the way, it's an asian movement.

138_3846_edit.jpg

I would love to have a black datewheel, genuine hands, and a black rubberstrap on it.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
they are very very nice.

I saw a guy wearing a gen the other day, its a very "stand out" watch, especially if you know watches, its does not look like a seiko or a rollie on the wrist.

space

Looking Around
21/10/06
Did a little mod now: Polished bezel.

Browsed some genuines and noticed they have a polished bezel.
My rep has (had) a brushed finnish, so I snapped the bezel off, removed the insert, and started polishing.

Genuine:
B127_Omega_GMT_5.JPG

my result:
148_4803_edit2.jpg

It still has some flaws, but now it at least really sparkles!