• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SMP-Chronograph, gen?

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
The minute hand looks way too short to me and the dial looks a bit off. It's hard to tell but the He valve seems a bit low also. Could be the photo but that hand would scare me off, anyone else care to comment?

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
PM Taka or By-tor they'll tell you for sure, I've given you my opinion, I could be wrong. Look at as many images of the watch in question for sale by reputable jewelers and compare them carefully... :wink:

vejaman

Getting To Know The Place
1/11/06
Well, at least the bezel is gen, look at the position of the pearl. Hands and dial have the correct color of red and not the "dayglo" orange of our reps. Date font looks good. Can't see the CG, can't see the case back and can't see the construction of the bracelet. But with what we can see, unless it is a rep with some serious mods I would say it is gen. If you are considering buying I would ask for more pics.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
The hands posts being silver and not brass coloured, look gen to me.

also the pictogram card number matches the model of watch - not something you normally see
with the repped pictograms

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
GEN.

I don't see one single reason why this should even be doubted (besides the rep being so close of course).

Generally it's very rare to see any scams/reps for sale at WatchUSeek and TZ.

PS: The HE valve on SMP chrono should be perfectly lined up with the '10 hour marker. So it's different than the non-chrono version in that sense.

2599.80.jpg

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I agree with BT. The rep is pretty damn close, but there are some blatant tells. The most obvious being the peal positioning, the date font, and the use of screws instead of pins in the bracelet. Problem is that these are all pretty easy fixes, and a properly modded SMP Chrono could fool almost anyone.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
I stand corrected on the He placement, I was thinking it was slightly above the 10 hour marker as the SMP. Is it me or is the dial wave pattern perfectly centered whereas on the gen it's always slightly left of center? :?