• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SMP chrono--problem?

trekracer20

29/12/06
I got an Omega SMP chrono today, and it was DOA. I eventually got it to start ticking after a lot of shaking, but when turning the crown there doesn't seem to be any resistance--certainly nothing like the normal type of winding feeling you'd get with a watch, or with any of my others. Is this something that is fairly normal, or do you think I should press to have it exchanged?

thanks,

MK

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
Ummm...didn't you already post this once?...

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

Anyway, rewind & play:

I've heard of a lot of SMPs that have that winding problem.

When you unwind the crown from the stem to the winding position, instead of winding it in the typical, repetitive clock-wise manner, wind it once clockwise, then turn it counter-clockwise, then wind it clockwise again, etc. Back and forth motion with the thumb & forefinger should do it.

Counterclockwise winding won't wind the main-spring--only the clockwise direction will (on Asians)--but it will help to re-synch the clickwheels to make winding easier without slipping. And hold the watch vertical (up & down) when winding, not laid flat.

Once it's wound a bit, try starting the chronograph to get the hands moving. you can then stop & reset the chrono. See if that works.