• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA SMP Chrono Bezel Alignment

itseme

Known Member
14/9/06
Hello

I've just ordered a SMP Chrono. Can someone explain me how to fix the bezel alignment? I heard that its more dificult on the chrono..

Greets

itseme

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Hi
There are ways - some good, some bad.

Unfortunately its not as easy as the normal SMP where you just remove the bezel.

I followed someones advice to use a hair dryer to soften the double sided tape under the insert. Then use your fingernail or wooden toothpick to loosen it, trying not to bend the insert.

I managed the hairdryer bit ok, but the adhesive was too strong and I eventually wrecked my insert. So i got a new one from Angus @ Puretime.

I've not heard of any better method other than remove the bezel...

Tim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/06
Most of the methods I've read involve destroying the currently installed bezel. Easiest seems to be pop the pearl and then you have a hole to leverage it out.

I can say that the glue strip that they are using seems to be broken down with rubbing alcohol. Once I've gotten a couple of bezel inserts off, rubbing alcohol seems to be the only thing that will clean it off. This was surprizing to me because even my old favorite friend acetone just seems to spread the glue everywhere and make a mess.

-T