• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SMP 007 topic revisited again!

bam rock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
OK...
So I have my PAM now, I have my asian PO (and I love them both). But I'm really dying for this 007 edition SMP. I just think it's different and I like it but I am into the big watches like flava flav and I really do not want another 40mm. I have a 40mm Sub right now that I'm not wearing at all (going to sell it soon actually) because it's just a little too small for my taste and I really only bought it to wear a few weeks before my newer reps arrived (I had to retire those Fossil watches FAST!) So it served its purpose for 2 weeks. Anyhow...questions...

I've seen on Andrews site an ETA and Asian. Size 42mm and 40mm respectively also 228 and 108$ respect.

I've seen on silix-prime the ETA listed as 40mm x 46mm x 10mm for 150$

Obviously 150 is better than 228 but the size difference really makes me want to go with Andrews. I've dealt with Andrew numerous times now and I'm happy with him but 78$ is a big difference, you're talking 50% there. Do you think that they are in different cases for those or am I just reading the measurements wrong? Also do you see any differences between the 2? I'll include links to them both for comparison. I'm open to all opinions and suggestions.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1320
http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=27

Thanks in advance everyone!
Bam

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I don't think there's any size difference. I guess it's the exact same watch / rep model.

I dunno what's the exact case measurement (42mm is probably correct) but SMP feels MUCH bigger and bulkier watch than the Sub. It's also noticeably heavier and has more solid feel...and superior bracelet (just IMHO).

Beautiful watch. I wish Andrew and Jay knew how to take attractive sales pictures, their shots don't do this watch justice. (I have the standard non-007 model but it's basically the same watch).

wallpaper.jpg

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
bam rock said:
OK...
So I have my PAM now, I have my asian PO (and I love them both). But I'm really dying for this 007 edition SMP. I just think it's different and I like it but I am into the big watches like flava flav and I really do not want another 40mm. I have a 40mm Sub right now that I'm not wearing at all (going to sell it soon actually) because it's just a little too small for my taste and I really only bought it to wear a few weeks before my newer reps arrived (I had to retire those Fossil watches FAST!) So it served its purpose for 2 weeks. Anyhow...questions...

I've seen on Andrews site an ETA and Asian. Size 42mm and 40mm respectively also 228 and 108$ respect.

I've seen on silix-prime the ETA listed as 40mm x 46mm x 10mm for 150$

Obviously 150 is better than 228 but the size difference really makes me want to go with Andrews. I've dealt with Andrew numerous times now and I'm happy with him but 78$ is a big difference, you're talking 50% there. Do you think that they are in different cases for those or am I just reading the measurements wrong? Also do you see any differences between the 2? I'll include links to them both for comparison. I'm open to all opinions and suggestions.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1320
http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=27

Thanks in advance everyone!
Bam

I own two original SMP's. One is a two tone midsize, and the other is a full size SMP. I have never owned an org Sub, but some of my friends have Subs, so I am familiar with the watch. No matter how I look at it, both SMP's are much more solid than the subs. The bracelets are much much better. I don't dislike the sub bracelet, but it does leave a bit to be desired on a watch in this price range. Now, reps come real close. I have two SMP reps, and the braclets are good, but not as good as the org bracelets. Still, the feel better to me than the sub rep bracelets. Just keep in mind that while the Omega watches are becoming more well known and recognized, the Sub has to be one of the most recognizable watches out there.

For my money, I will always go for the SMP. :wink:

bam rock

8/4/06
I really do like the watch a lot. I wasn't sure at first how I felt about them but after looking more and more it's a really nice watch. And WBK you're right about Omega's being a little more recognized but not nearly as much as a sub...another nice feature about them. I know you cannot compare the two side by side By-Tor but you think they're probably the same watch on silix and trusty's site? The only thing that made me question otherwise is that Andrew advertises the 42mm ETA and a 40mm Asian. So I thought perhaps they were making them in different sized cases.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I believe they're both in the same size. At least they SHOULD be if they're trying to be the full size/professional version. The midsize version is considerably smaller... something like 36mm and looks very different.

Some sales sites say that the genuine SMP diameter is 40mm, some 41mm and some 42mm. Well... whatever the official number is it FEELS much bigger watch than the Sub...like I said.

Nothing wrong with Asian but I'd go for the rock solid ETA movement with smoother sweep.

bam rock

8/4/06
Now I know the ETA is the smoother sweep and the better movement and I'm going to go with the ETA but on the PO they say the asian and the not-so-smooth movement is more like the gen. I don't really care to get that detailed with it but just out of curiosity is it the same on this model? I thought perhaps the co-axial had something to do with the "jerky" motion on the PO gen. Also I think I've asked this before and it appears that it is but just double checking because I know this is a special edition of this watch. Is this a pretty close rep to the gen 007 edition? It looks almost exactly like yours By-Tor with the exception of the dial caseback and clasp so I'm sure that's all they changed

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
bam rock said:
I thought perhaps the co-axial had something to do with the "jerky" motion on the PO gen. Also I think I've asked this before and it appears that it is but just double checking because I know this is a special edition of this watch.
The Co-Axial movement, which the genuine Bond does not have, is indeed slower.

On a Co-Axial watch, like a PO or a new Co-Axial SMP (due out very soon), a slower-beat movement would look more authentic. However, on this watch, which isn't Co-Axial, you want an ETA.

To make matters worse, though, Andrew has the 007 for $108 in Asian, which is a steal. Absolute bargain. I have the GMT version and ... well, wow.

bam rock

8/4/06
I know pug...the 108$ 007 watch is an amazing deal and I've been fine with the asians so far, no problems on them. I think it's going to come down to a combo order with a friend and splitting shipping with either silix or andrew. 150$ for ETA is a really good deal as well so I'll have to look into it. The one thing about 108$ is that it's listed as 40mm and the ETA as 42mm on Andrews site so I'd really like the bigger size. I thougth perhaps this was a mistake but because they're both on Andrews site I thought perhaps theyre using different cases