• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Pro GMT "Bond" from narikaa

jjrodr

Known Member
21/8/06
Narikaa had this, and i jumped over it as for the price/quality ratio seemed great
Here it is
image00468if8.jpg

Vs original
gm6i4251mediumrx6.jpg

Its clear that the GMT hand are different sizes and the second hand is smaller, other than that, the watch its pretty good and the bezel insert its nice compared to some that are sub alike and its not misaligned like 90% of the reps. For a £65 you cant get much better.
The main differences are in the back, but i don't put the watch with back up so... it does not bother me, yet it has no clear back to see the movement and the bracelet has no pins but screws. In my point of view this is a really good watch for the price since the main difference when you are wearing the watch you cant see (the back).
image00469af6.jpg

The dial
Besides the N/M question on the seamaster it has a nice texture and seems very good (again did i tell you this is a £65 watch)
image00465cc6.jpg

The back
image00470qu8.jpg

Vs Original
gm6i4262mediumzl2.jpg

Overall this was one of the best value for money replica on my collection.
Best Regards
JJrodr

taiji

30/11/06
@JJrodr

Nice review. Thanks. What's withe the back? What are the difference?

:D

jjrodr

Known Member
21/8/06
taiji said:
@JJrodr

Nice review. Thanks. What's withe the back? What are the difference?

:D
I'll post some pictures, i should have done it.

paulV

4/11/06
I have the same watch from Narikaa and its really a bargain :D
I'm very pleased with it.

Mine has the right lenght of sec hand and the GMT hand seems to be shorter too...

Meridius

Known Member
3/4/07
Great Watch, thanks for the review. I have an smp (regular, not gmt) with that same short red tip on the second hand. My smp also has the metal border around the hour markers like your GMT. I found out that this is wrong for the smp, the gen has no metal borders around the hour markers, but from your photos of the original GMT it looks like they are supposed to be there on the GMT (by "original" you do mean gen, right?).

I don't think the smp chrono has the borders either . . .not sure why Omega would do this, wonder if it has something to do with different model years. If anyone knows more, please chime in . . .otherwise, congratulations on the watch. :)

jjrodr

Known Member
21/8/06
Meridius said:
Great Watch, thanks for the review. I have an smp (regular, not gmt) with that same short red tip on the second hand. My smp also has the metal border around the hour markers like your GMT. I found out that this is wrong for the smp, the gen has no metal borders around the hour markers, but from your photos of the original GMT it looks like they are supposed to be there on the GMT (by "original" you do mean gen, right?).

I don't think the smp chrono has the borders either . . .not sure why Omega would do this, wonder if it has something to do with different model years. If anyone knows more, please chime in . . .otherwise, congratulations on the watch. :)

By original i do mean Gen, i guess the smp GMT "bond" is the only one i've seen that has the metal borders arround the the hour markers, the regular smp does not have it.
Regards

jjrodr

Known Member
21/8/06
PS.
No ticks on this either, so it's authentic. :twisted:
Regards

Meridius

Known Member
3/4/07
jjrodr said:
Meridius said:

By original i do mean Gen, i guess the smp GMT "bond" is the only one i've seen that has the metal borders arround the the hour markers, the regular smp does not have it.
Regards

Thanks, that's great to know. Really makes this a pretty great rep then, especially for a good price. Thanks again for the photos and review.