• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Pics

bad959fl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/11/06
Can anyone who has purchased a Omega Seamaster Chrono from Joshua (perfect-clones.com), please post their watches. Here is the style I'm looking for:

http://perfect-clones.com/omse10008-300 ... -1933.html

I would like to see the replica on the wrist of any members to make sure the thickness of the crown is accurate (side profile view). Also, overall opinions on weight/feel/look of replica.

Thanks!

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
crowns are seldom 100% accurate. most omega reps i've seen are pretty close. Unless you walk upto an omega WIS your not going to get called out.

personally, I'd go with a traditional seamaster...007 style (but not the 007 version) lol

jfischman

Horology Curious
23/10/06
I just received two from Joshua this week. The pics are not great, but will hopefully be helpful. The braclet was too large for my wife's small wrist, so I put a Banda strap on it. I would say it's a pretty accurate rep. We held it next to a gen in a watch store and really could not tell the difference. The owner changed the band for us and his son coordinated the sizing...neither of them could tell it was a rep.

JF

SMP1.JPG

SMP2.JPG

SMP3.JPG

SMP4.JPG

SMP5.JPG

SMP6.JPG

SMP7.JPG

SMP8.JPG

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I've got one of these coming in the next day or so ,If the bracelet bothers me I'd consider putting a strap on it ,
do the gens come with the strap option ?
BTW where did you get the strap?
Cheers

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
thelawnmowerman said:
I've got one of these coming in the next day or so ,If the bracelet bothers me I'd consider putting a strap on it ,
do the gens come with the strap option ?
BTW where did you get the strap?
Cheers

yes gens come w/ straps (if you can find them) its blue...

you can probably goto a local tourneau store, or grab one off the bay.

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Who did you purchase Rep from? The bezels looks off, I believe the Gen bezel has point at 3 & 9 instead of the flat spots. Help me out here guys

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
mdppilot said:
The bezels looks off, I believe the Gen bezel has point at 3 & 9 instead of the flat spots.
This is so easy to fix it's funny.

You pop out the bezel insert, realign it and that's it.

bad959fl

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/11/06
jfischman-

Thanks for all the pics. The watch looks very accurate. Do you happen to have a profile (side view) photo showing the thickness of the bezel, like the photo included. Also, how is the overall weight of the watch. I tried on a gen a few days ago and its very heavy, which I like. Is the weight accurate?

Thanks!

omega.jpg

jfischman

Horology Curious
23/10/06
@ thelawnmowerman - Strap is from e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/20MM-BLUE-BANDA-SWI ... dZViewItem

@ bad959fl - Weight seems right on…just shy of 200 grams on my cheap kitchen scale. Quite heavy...feels about the same weight as my gen Tag Link Chrono.

Side profile pics below, along with comparison shots against a Submariner and PAM 187.

JF

100_1839.JPG

100_1840.JPG

100_1841.JPG

100_1842.JPG

bad959fl

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/11/06
jfischman-

Great, thanks for the pic and info. I'm going to order one tonight. How long did shipping take from Joshua?

Thanks!

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I like the leather one even better , especially with that blue stitching.
Hopefuly I get mine from River on monday or tuesday.

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Great pics, Awesome watch, my next purchase. The wife's gonna kill me!!! :lol:

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
jfischman said:
The pics are not great, but will hopefully be helpful. The braclet was too large for my wife's small wrist, so I put a Banda strap on it.

SMP1.JPG

i take it that's your wrist and not your wife's, right?

jfischman

Horology Curious
23/10/06
LOL...you are correct...my wrist. I had this discussion on another forum and explained that we shaved my wife's wrists years ago.
JF

Before:

After:

bad959fl

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/11/06
jfischman-

Your black band with blue stitching looks great. Is it easy to replace the bracelet yourself?

Just got my rep from Joshua. Very impressed.

robertk

16/3/06
Got mine from Joshua. personally, I prefer the bracelet. It happens to be the best rep bracelet made yet!