• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

omega seamaster or invicta grand diver?

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
i love omega seamaster and omega planet ocean 45mm!i am ready to spend money with asia eta but i see this today!invicta 3044 grand diver!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTnBdYgvkY4"]YouTube - ?Invicta 3044?‏[/ame]

its big!47mm and its close like omega seamaster or omega planet ocean!

so replica with asia eta or invicta? thanks!

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I once bought an Invicta sub that ran/lasted less than 4 hours before it was back in the box and returned for a refund (granted, this was an amazon.com purchase). But seeing how it came out of the box in the same condition as the one in the vid I will never try them again.

Now I have bought one of the inexpensive PO's from WBK that has run nicely since I pulled it out of the bag provided with it. YMMV

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
The endlinks will make that watch very uncomfortable .. The crown will dig into your hand, also .. You will get a water tested watch, however ..

Oldboy

19/2/11
Honestly-I've tried numerous Invictas over the years and most are pretty good watches.
Some of the bad points are weak lume and gargantuan sizes, but other wise they are not bad. However for the most part, with the exception of the Sub Aqua Noma Series, They've left me a bit unsatisfied and I've sold every one.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
I had an 8926 with a stripped crown 2 months after my purchase. 6 months to get it replaced (warranty)... came back and it had more problems (kept stopping). This was dealing directly through Invicta.

I ended up giving it away. Just my experience...

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Almost impulse purchased one of those the other day. The pearl and rehaut were not very impressive. I held off and picked up a noob LV with clone ETA. Much higher quality watch that will keep me satisfied a lot longer than the invicta would have. I would get the Omega.

IMG_6618.jpg

my 4th gen 42mm PO
IMG_6030.jpg

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
My Invicta 8926 from @ 10 yrs ago is still going strong (on my SIL's wrist)...Here's a sot of it from a few trs ago(disregard the weaponry!!):
100_0005.jpg

It has the Miyota (Citizen) auto movement, and cost $53.00 new from Ashford.com...They still make a similar model, but since Rolex got on their case, the changed the bezel over to an Omega type!!
Here's my REAL Invicta, a H/W "Everest" model from the late '50's back when Invicta was a REAL watch company!!
IMG_6750.jpg

Unfortunately it's only 25x27mm, and no longer "stylish" to wear frequently!!
To answer your question though...Go for the Omega rep....The Invicta label these days is on a par with Swatch at best!!

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I would have to say that the Grendel is from more than a "few" years ago...

Sorry, just couldn't ignore it. BTW, did that one ever run 100%?

Back on topic, go with the Omega Rep....

My Invicta 8926 from @ 10 yrs ago is still going strong (on my SIL's wrist)...Here's a sot of it from a few trs ago(disregard the weaponry!!):
100_0005.jpg

D

d4m.test

With some people, their experiences with Invicta have been hit-or-miss. Me? I've been lucky, have 7 of them, have nice weight & appearance, operate well, etc. BUT, avoid dealing with the Company; it's like wishing to hit the $1m lottery. You can pick up decent Invictas anywhere, anytime; a good Omega UPO, however, is a different story. Get the quality rep you'll get from Stan. He's an excellent seller or quality products!

dave

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Yeah..more like @ 20+ yrs old!!..>>

I would have to say that the Grendel is from more than a "few" years ago...

Sorry, just couldn't ignore it. BTW, did that one ever run 100%?

Back on topic, go with the Omega Rep....
It's only had maybe 2 boxes of ammo through it.....It just sits around hoping to never be needed!!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I have a few Invictas, all over 2 years old. All run flawlessly, wind amazingly smooth and easily, keep excellent time, have proven to be water tight, and have been very good value for the money IMO.
With the Invicta you get a better movement (arguably), water tightness, no faulty/sharp bracelets, a smooth bezel, and a warranty.
But it says "Invicta". You'll be happier sporting the Omega rep.

svenkramer

22/1/11
That invicta looks nowhere near a Planet Ocean. Don't know what looks similar...
Not a good comparison imo.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
i own a 9937 ob, very nice watch. invicta shark has them for 229 on some days.

Tomahawkchop

Horology Curious
29/7/13
I own a Grand Diver 3049 and I just adore it. I'm not a big brand snob so the Invicta name doesn't bother me. My favourite watch is my Movado SE so that should tell you something.