• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster GMT from WBK

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Received a beautiful Seamaster GMT from WBK. The quality is outstanding. Ill let the pictures do the rest.

IMG_0817s.jpg

IMG_0818s.jpg

IMG_0819s.jpg

IMG_0820a.jpg

IMG_0821s.jpg

IMG_0822s.jpg

IMG_0823s.jpg

IMG_0824s.jpg

IMG_0825s.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
WOW~ That's Beautiful! I never really liked that model before.....but not anymore :lol:

Congratz Yllwtrb on your new aquisition! wear in good health! :D

and YES, stan is da man~ 8)

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
I love this watch,

I neeeeeeeeeddddddd it, what you guys think about this watch? or there is a better one?

Thanks a lot,

Max

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
maxlawbr said:
I love this watch,

I neeeeeeeeeddddddd it, what you guys think about this watch? or there is a better one?

Thanks a lot,

Max

You got two options with this watch. There is an ETA version from PT that has the correct LONG hr/min/sec/gmt hand.
However the "red" color on the gmt hand does not go all the way through the hand and the second hand is missing
the red colored tip.
WBK's has all the visually coloring correct but the hands are too short. But its also half the price.
Personally...I love WBK's.... a wonderful piece for a $100.

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
dylan said:
maxlawbr said:
I love this watch,

Thanks a lot,

Max

You got two options with this watch. There is an ETA version from PT that has the correct LONG hr/min/sec/gmt hand.
However the "red" color on the gmt hand does not go all the way through the hand and the second hand is missing
the red colored tip.
WBK's has all the visually coloring correct but the hands are too short. But its also half the price.
Personally...I love WBK's.... a wonderful piece for a $100.

You answered the question perfectly imo. I would jump on the version from Stan, visually more accurate when worn. As I think it would be hard to gauge the hand lenth compared to noticing the correct RED colors.

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
Actually...

$100 for this model is pushing it a bit. You know how much they go for on site in Asia, right??

Also, forget which red the tip has.... the biggest giveaway for this watch is its typical cheap Asian glass...that was one of the first things I was taught about reps:
if you look at a wide angle at the face, a low priced rep will have glass (not sapphire) and you will see distortion.

Also, the bracelet is missing the half link which is the best for a comfortable fit on the speedy band...

Other than that, the watch is fine. I owned this rep once....went to a pawnshop to enquire about something...the shop clerk noticed my GMT and offered me a collateral loan for $450 for it!!!

Of course I declined....sold the watch on Yahoo for a profit (in those days, early 90's,they were going for $150)... I miss the watch....would buy it again if it had the better crystal and the half link.

Enjoy the toy.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Gorgeous watch Yll! Very nice pics, the light/contrast is really good. You might want to retake the buckle shot, there's you're finger print on it.

Wear it well man!

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
Anubis said:
Gorgeous watch Yll! Very nice pics, the light/contrast is really good. You might want to retake the buckle shot, there's you're finger print on it.

Wear it well man!

These were quick and dirty. I am going to redo them with my SLR when i can devote a whole day to picture taking. Hope no one has software good enough to lift my print from that image. :twisted: :twisted:

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Yllwtrb said:
Hope no one has software good enough to lift my print from that image. :twisted: :twisted:

Humn....I do..so I did.
Now after consulting the National Database.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm not gonna go into details but Yll, you're a sick, sick bastard! The entire oompa loompa cast Yll? :shock: :shock:

GEJester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/07
I got my GMT from WBK last week also. Yesterday I was in line at the credit union and saw a guy wearing the same watch. We only had a chance to talk and compare for a minute or two, but he didn't pick up that mine was a fake. You really have to know what to look for to see it right away. Anyway, love the watch.

Jester

MolleS

Horology Curious
13/3/07
I had a gen one before. That looks great. Very classy watch.