• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Chronograph - Stem/Crown problem Part no?

Mav1874

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/09
Hey guys

Apologies for this its my first post but I have been on the forum for ages, it was By-tors reviews that made me buy this watch from Ruby a while ago. I have the Omega Seamaster Chronograph and a cheap and cheerful Tag heuer F1 for daily use. The Omega is fantastic absolutely perfect and really nice on.

Unfortunately just recently the crown got stiff when trying to screw back into the lock position. It was never the easiest but it went in OK. Now it doesnt go in at all which I assume is probable down to me stripping the stem, as have found out by reading through loads of posts here!

My question is whether I will need a new stem and tube or whether the stem should do it? I have taken the back off with my trusty three pronged tool and have the stem out without too much difficulty having gently pushed the release button next to where the stem goes in. What I could do with finding out is - will an original Omega Part work in this Rep or is there anywhere I can get a spare stem? I had a look on "the bay" and found a few stems from the Netherlands the only one which looks the same is part number cal. 563. I wanted to attach pictures but dont seem to be able to. The item number of the stem from "the bay" of is item number 360176423304

I hope this link to the picture of the stem works

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3587/sany1073medium.jpg

Always hoped I would never have to bother you guys as I am not really able to help, but love reading the reviews and the thoughts of the new reps etc. Just hope someone can nudge me in the right direction as this watch is my favourite.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The problem is probably the tube on this model. Some users reported shaving down the tube enough to push in the crown until they get it fixed. The stem looks fine to me and crown I cannot tell but like I said the tube is the weak point on this particular rep. :)

Mav1874

10/12/09
R2D4 cheers for that. When I push the crown in it seems to be the case which seems to prevent it going in further. I can feel that its close to catching but not quite doing so. Do you reckon a local watchmaker would be able to fix it? I am fine with putting a new stem on etc, but not sure what other fixing I would be comfortable doing.

I tried searching the forums but didnt find a whole lot on this.

Mav1874

10/12/09
Where would I get a replacement tube and stem? Does anyone know part numbers or even whether the original Omega parts would fit into this rep?