• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Chrono questions

luckie

19/12/11
OK, I have all the parts to put together a nice franken of this model except for the Movement. I have 3 A7750, one not working, one subdials in the wrong place and one missing some gears. Here is my question. Should I just buy a new A7750 from CousinsUK which is around 200 with shipping or get a new watch from one of the TD's and use that movement? If I go the later who has the best price for item? It's the one with Subs at 6,9,12 and date at 3. Perhaps one of our fine members has one they would be willing to part with. It's quiet frustrating as the movement is almost as expensive as the movement. Crazy. NOt even sure if the Movement from Cousins will even match up with gen dial. Anyone have any ideas?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Which one of three is mine? :lolcina:

Have you tried "mixing" them up? Take the parts from the non working to the one with missing parts? Cheapest way for sure...

luckie

19/12/11
I'm no good at watch modification, yours is the working one with the missing sub dial. I'm still working on trying to learn simple movements. LOL

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I'm no good at watch modification, yours is the working one with the missing sub dial. I'm still working on trying to learn simple movements. LOL

Hmmmm i am pretty sure this will work. My skills with movements though stops at shacking them and begin the tick tick looool.

I would like to hear the professionals opinion on this. How easy us to remove the pin (where the hand fits) from one movement and stick it to the other????

Sent from my Couch using Wi-Fi