• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster 300M Pro - Second Hand

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Most of the 300M's I see on this site are fairly solid looking reps, however the second hand (specifically the red end) is too short. Does anyone know a dealer that supplies the 300M with a more accurate second hand? Or a better rep in general?

Also

For the experienced owners, hows the blue aluminum bezel insert? In some pics I see the blue seems a little light (very minimal). The only reason I pick it up is because I own a gen Chronograph and im so use to seeing it...most may not even notice the tone difference...

svenkramer

22/1/11
Yes, mine comes from Lay (replicamake). The second hand is good. It has other flaws though. But I love it.

DSC_0122.jpg

omega2.jpg

rychastings

2/10/10
I got mine from Mary/WatchInternational. I believe it has a good second hand but the pearl is off. Sven's SMP from Lay has a correct pearl but I believe the bezel is misaligned as the pointed ends of the scallop bezel should be pointed at 3,6,9,12.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I got mine from Mary/WatchInternational. I believe it has a good second hand but the pearl is off. Sven's SMP from Lay has a correct pearl but I believe the bezel is misaligned as the pointed ends of the scallop bezel should be pointed at 3,6,9,12.

I would love to see pics of yours. :)

This is a most amazing shot!

svenkramer

22/1/11
I think mary's smp is more accurate overall. But there are a couple of things I liked more about lay's.

- the new co-axial red details, shiny omega logo en metal-alined lumedots
- Way better sapphire

Well all in all it's not perfect but side by side with a gen you'll still have to take a real good to spot the rep. It has a nice expensive overall 'shine'

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
When you say the pearl is off, is it a matter of removing the insert and repositioning it. Or is the printing on the insert thats wrong?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I only see a blue one on Lay's website. :(

yessir

Horology Curious
11/11/10
I can't tell from the pictures, but does the dial have the 3d wave effect? Or is it flat?

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
In your opinions:

Is it worth it to buy the Swiss ETA model? I really do like the new facelift.

I was thinking about picking up the old 300M Pro from WBK for $110.00 and buying a GEN dial, GEN hands and a new (more ACCURATE) bezel insert and building a watch? Prob cost me about $300 buy the time im done.

(I have a GEN Seamaster Chronograph so it kills me wearing the REP old Seamaster 300M Pro when all I see are the several imperfections...)

What do you guys think?

yessir

Horology Curious
11/11/10
How's the helium escape valve? Is it positioned over the "10" or slightly above it? The date wheel in the center? How is the tone of blue compared to the gen? Thanks!

svenkramer

22/1/11
The valve is a bit too low. But it's near. (just a bit above 10) Date is good but the blue is a bit lighter, but still pretty good. It changes in different lightning conditions just like the gen.