• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA SEAMASTER 2254.50 BLACK BEZEL / BLACK DIAL

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Personally I prefer the black bezel / dial 2254.50 Seamaster to the blue......what dya think..!

274OMEGASEAMASTERASIAN4.jpg

274OMEGASEAMASTERASIAN3.jpg

274OMEGASEAMASTERASIAN2.jpg

274OMEGASEAMASTERASIAN1.jpg

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I'll never admit it in public but you are absolutely correct sir!
That is the best looking watch Omega puts there name on!
And you've got the pictures to prove it too!

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I agree totally. I'm not a big fan of the blue dial but I sure love the black.

Sean K

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
TTK said:
Personally I prefer the black bezel / dial 2254.50 Seamaster to the blue......what dya think

The Elvis in me tells me blue but the Johnny Cash tells me black. :)

I think both colors look great. This is just a great looking watch style. I bought a black chrono not to long ago with a rubber strap. Gives it a little more casual look. I like the clean look of this one without the chrono's. Damn you! :twisted:

D

d4m.test

@Ralph...still no progress at Customs.....I'm getting concerned now.....maybe it's due to the election etc etc..... :roll:

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
@Neil, yea.... there might be a problem but until we know different I'll wait them out.

Now stop posting these teasers..... you're cutting into my cigar money.

jsph

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
the 2254.50 is probably my favorite watch of all time, or tied with the rolex 5513. i wish we had much more interest in these two watches and, so, much much better reps. i wish half as much work went into the 2254.50 reps as went into generation after generation after generation of the planet ocean.

TTK -- A BIG BRAVO TO YOU FOR ADVERTISING AND ENDORSING THE 2254.50! one comes to omega for the bond seamaster, one stays for the 2254.50. so many times i've asked about this model and some other dealers have just not been very interested, or just offered up rather sad current reps. gone are the days of the famed eta-2892 version, but also anything nearly approaching it cosmetically. i hope that people re-discover this watch and ask their dealers (and so the manufacturers) for ever better reps. there are so many great things about this watch, gen and rep. the work has been done on the planet ocean -- now back to the 2254.50!

if i may, very respectfully and constructively, suggest, out into the ether (not to TTK personally, not at all; thank you again, sir!), for the purposes/dream of a future generation of (yes, i'm sure more expensive) 2254.50 reps, some very important features that would be crucial improvements:

- hour markers surrounded by white paint, not metal
- (all) hands much longer, with minute + second hands reaching almost to outer edge of dial
- helium escape valve at ~52-53min, not 10 o'clock
- very different bezel insert
- smaller 3 o'clock marker; squarer date window

these are not subtle things at all. they are quite glaring, but perhaps not clear in isolation -- here is the gen:

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/images/pr ... ome402.jpg

to this list you could add the hope of the watch being no thicker than about 11-12mm (the slimness of the 2254.50 is a very salient feature), for the lume to be very good (primarily because that is something the omega is famous for, and so a dead giveaway). maybe then we could be like the (spoiled!) modern sub fans who can argue about microscopic differences in bezel-insert fonts and cyclops magnification and bezel pearls!

i have to think that if submariner reps were at this level of inaccuracy right now, we'd call them chinatown specials, 60% correct, unwearable, and wail and wail -- and wait. for now, i'm just grateful that there might be enough interest in the 2254.50 that people learn more about the watch and write to their favorite dealers (TTK most especially included in that list of greats!) and ask for the best 2254.50 reps to be made (again). (folks, the 2254.50 is a beautiful watch; its power is not to be underestimated. heed the 2254.50.)

that said, please don't get me wrong -- if you've got a bit of money, and any interest at all in the black seamaster, vote for it with your wallet and give TTK (and others?) your support. show your interest in this model and, simultaneously, vote that there be newer generations soon. could what happened with the planet ocean happen (again) with the 2254.50? only if people get into it.

finally, for the dealers and manufacturers, i have to say i think there will be not only continued/renewed interest in this watch, but also an increase in it (and very much so the reps) -- soon, omega will be moving to an all-coaxial-movement product line, discontinuing this instant-classic model. at that time, it will become more sought-after, and the huge price differential for any coaxial version (~$1000 more than current gen) will have people nostalgic for the original, and many of us rushing for the reps.

much of the strife in this world would end overnight were there to be good reps of the 2254.50 and the 5513. peace on earth? a 2254.50 and a 5513 on every wrist. our lord klink could then say:

life is good.

amen.

jsph

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
@jsph... so tell us how you really feel about this model. lol :twisted:

bignick

2/8/06
Although not exactly Bond's watch - He'd surely be proud of this one.

canuck88

25/3/06
I totally agree - the black rules with the sword hands...

But Neil that one you've posted is not very good - hands short, CG wrong, and bezel pearl way off :(

I really wish someone would produce an accurate version of this watch (at least the case and bezel - I can buy the hands at ofrei)...

jsph

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
(ofrei hands, surprisingly cheap, will work -- IFF it's an eta-2824 or similar inside; might not be. dial, however, is a major deal-breaker -- gen dial from ofrei is nearly $200 and, again, may or may not work, depending on whether mvmt = eta-28xx or not. there are even asian versions that have slightly wrong case size.... -- AGAIN, no direct comment on TTK or his offering here, i applaud his bringing attention to this model -- just a general comment about the state of 2254.50 reps in general.)