• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA REP Question from a noob

jwizzar

Known Member
12/8/06
Hey guys, i was hoping you could help out a noob...i recently purchase my first rep, haven't gotten it yet but usps says it's out of customs and on it's way.
So i've gotten the bug appearantly and i'm already looking at my next purchase. I was hoping someone who knows what to look at
could give me their opinion on the following reps. I'd like to know how close they are to the gen and if they are considered
high quality. I know nothing about the movements or anything else technical when it comes to watches, but i want to make the best purchase i can.

So here goes

I'm looking at the Omega SpeedMaster Michael schumacher, i saw a picture somewhere of the white face and liked it but the two i've been looking at only
really appeal to me in the black face... i've been looking at the ones at andrews site Here
and the one at josh's site Here
They look the same...but if you guys know something i don't about which one is a better watch please let me know.

I'm also interested in the White Omega SpeedMaster Broad Arrow at andrews Here
and at Josh's Here

To me...a noob both of these watches seem identical, let me know if i'm wrong.

Other watches i'm thinking about for the future are the The breitling navtimer with the white face, and a few of the IWC CHRONOS...those are sexy watches.

Not sure why everyone on the site is into the pam...are they that great???? Maybe i'm just totally out of the know.

By the way thanks to everyone who answered my last question...i think u saved me a lot of headaches.

rek001

16/3/06
Eh, what the heck - I'll take a shot here.
The dealers you mentioned, Andrew & Joshua, you just can't go wrong.
They both deal in very satisfying, "luxury feel" quality reps. By that I maen when you strap it on your wrist it gives the impression of a very good quality watch - you forget it's a replica. Deal with Andrew or Josh, or both with complete trust. And buy what you like, what atracts you.
As for the Pams, I resisted for a LONG time - I just got my 1st Pam, an inexpensive 090 power reserve from Joshua. It's a beautiful watch. NOW I understand the Pam popularity and experience. These watches really do make a statement, people glace at your wrist. Very avant garde and cool,they are a wonderful, unique design.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the white broad arrow and the orange po are my favorite. read bytors guide before you make a decesion.

it goes with out saying that josh and andrew are both a class act and have exellent products. all of our dealers are great so read the dealer reveiws and bytors guide then jump in with both feet! :lol:

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
:shock: Well, I would suggest reading By-Tor's Reveiw before making a choice.

glitch

Known Member
20/3/06
By-Tor's Review

I agree with all that everyone here said - I did, over and over again.

However, sometime you just can't picture in your mind if the watch that you like visually will actually look good on you. So to extend that approach, you got to do some DD by visiting an AD and checking out the ones that you like. That will make for a more reliable decision.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Davidw787

pancrazy

Known Member
9/8/06
daytona4me said:
:shock: Well, I would suggest reading By-Tor's Reveiw before making a choice.

Yep deffo recommended reading By Tor is DA Man ( and Snow Dog slayer too of course pmsl ) :p

lucky7999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/4/06
Personally, I love Omega watches.

I have a few from Josh and Andrew.

However, IMHO, its not the watch per se, its the Crystall that brings out the true beauty of the watch.

Kryswork in NYC, provides some really nice replacements, one that I placed on my OMEGA GMT from Andrew and it changed the way the watch looked.

The existing models have a domed crystal, and very bad reflection.

Invest in the AR crystals - I suppose that is one of the reasons why PAMs are so popular