• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO42 vs 45?

Maximkala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/07
Question for the memebers that own both sizes.....
i am thinking about PO right now but i dont know which size to get. My 45mm Pam's look good on the wrist so i am not worried about 45 being too big.
Does the 45 still looks good ?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks
P.S. Forgot to ask.....
I am going to buy it from Ruby since i am ordering some presents for other people (not watches). Are there any particular ones (black or orange) that stand out as far as good quality?
Thanks again

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I found the post helpful that stated that if your wrist is between 6.5 and 7.5 inches, then go with the 42mm. However, one member said he has a 7" wrist and the 45mm is fine. I have maybe 6.8" wrist so I'm just ordering the 42mm. I've noticed some flaws in the 45mm and the 42mm current models. Many people are reporting that the 45mm sometimes comes with too small of an omega logo on the dial. Also I think the crown on the 45mm ultimate might still be too short. The shape of the crown is correct though, unlike on the 42mm. I did see one 42mm on trusty's site that has the correct crown though, so hopefully that means all current 42mm come with that crown. But the problem is that is an asian watch so it probably uses a different crown/tube assembly than an ETA. Also I haven't seen a rep of either watch yet that has the correct pearl. The 45mm pearl looks closer to a gen but it looks too deep to me. The 42mm pearl looks too high to me. Also the 42mm appears to not have the serial # engraved on the back of the case, whereas the 45mm appears to have it but that might only be in the ultimate version. Also some dealers have engraved planet ocean logos on the clasp, wheras others have it etched. Other than that, it seems like all the rest of the features of these watches are fine. I'm hoping that I get a real good replica when my order comes in, just crossing my fingers. I ordered the 42mm version from silix.

subzero1

24/11/06
Amptor's advice is correct if you are going to wear it on the bracelet, but if you are going to put it on a strap, then even a small wrist can fit well with a PO on a strap.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Maximkala said:
Question for the memebers that own both sizes.....
i am thinking about PO right now but i dont know which size to get. My 45mm Pam's look good on the wrist so i am not worried about 45 being too big.
Does the 45 still looks good ?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks
P.S. Forgot to ask.....
I am going to buy it from Ruby since i am ordering some presents for other people (not watches). Are there any particular ones (black or orange) that stand out as far as good quality?
Thanks again

daniel craig wears a 45 in the James Bond movie. Looks good on him!

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Maybe this pic helps. :)

PO_pair_big.jpg

I have reviewed both reps (45mm and 4th Gen). Links are in my signature. Good luck!

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
If you like the size of the Pam you won't be happy with the 42 so get the 45 :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... The 45mm is bigger than PAM 44mm. I would suggest going for 42mm if you have wristsize like mine or crick's.

joey

25/4/07
I have 6" wrist i happy with 45mm

and i also have 42" for Pumkin UPO

RG

Hockeydad1

7/5/06
I have a big wrist and my first PO was a 42 Orange 4th gen. Newest PO is black bezel with orange numbers Ultimate edition, 45mm. 45 mm is the way! Now need to upgrade the orange to 45mm.

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
45 mm is good enough to whom like to use PAM.

I got a big pumpkin and love it.

The biggest, the better.

I'm planning to buy a 42 mm, black one, to daily use with suit. I use my orange one with suit, but think the 42 black one is better.

Just want to find the best one.

Max

Maximkala

9/4/07
Thanks for all the replies Guys.....

Very very helpfull. I am not a huge fan of ss bracelets but i wanted to get a watch that i can swim in a pool. I am probably going to go with 45 as soon as ruby answers me about purses.....
I will post the pics as soon as.....:)

Veratio

13/3/07
I think the planet ocean wears smaller, a lot smaller, than it is. So the 45 mm version is actually too small if you are used to a 44 mm panerai. But that is just me.

Niclas from Sweden

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
You guys make me almost wish I bought the 45mm, I debated it for days but finally decided to just stick with the 42mm. Reason being that I'm not sure if the SS strap is going to fit my wrist and also these diver seikos and omega seamasters are pretty big watches already. That 42mm looks larger than my 007 40th.

Sapphire Ghost

Known Member
16/4/07
This has always been my opinion and i don't know why no one else seems to bring it up as i feel its the true issue w/large watches and smaller wrists... it's not the diameter of the watch thats ever an issue... its the height from lug to lug and the lug shaping... that's what gives the watch the look of going out past your wrist... i have the 45 mm PO and love it but wear it rarely because of the height lug to lug and the fact that it has straight lugs combined make it look to big... additionally i have a fiddy but that wears just fine since panerai uses the curved lugs making the fit better and the lugs "shorter" since they're curved...

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
Another comapre shoot of 42 vs 45

Omega_PO_Compare6.jpg

Greetings Navi :wink:

varock

14/5/07
I have 6.75 wrists and I put my 45 PO on a rubber strap...looks great. 42 would probably be too small.