• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO Ultimate 45mm-Rotor not spining freely- Problem?

Aquaracer

5/1/07
Hi all-

Just got a beautiful new 45mm PO- VERY impressed with the quality of this rep- Hand wound the first day, unit is keeping near Perfect time.

The only issue is the rotor won't spin freeely- If I give it a good shake it will lazily flop from one side to the other- NEVER spins a complete revolution.

I have plenty of gen and rep autos that all spin very freely-some quite noisily but freely.

Sounds like a problem to you?? Or does the ETA on this react differently to various states of wound/unwound on the main spring??

Any opinions beofre I bug my dealer again?

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Sometimes the rotor fix screw is to tight...just turn it 1/4 turn ccw and check again.

Aquaracer

5/1/07
Thanks for the tip- But has no effect- It moves but seems like there's a lot of resistance when it tries to move a complete reolution-

You have to shake it mightily just to get it to flop to the other side-No free spin

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Is the rotor seated correctly?... if your brave enough to open the case back and mess with the screws there-in... remove the rotor and reseat it making certain the teeth mesh correctly...
also while you have it out... visually inspect to make certain no one left a cheeto or anything on the movement during assembly... :shock:

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
sounds like it is hitting ever slightly the screws that hold the movment?dial snug to the case , there will be two case clamps on just below the stem and one opposite , they r called bridles in case u were wondering , lol now there is a screw in each clamp screwing into the movment , sound like u need to tighten them down a bit more snugger so the winder doesnt hit it , hwo u can tell is put your finger on your rotor and see if it hits one of those screws when u turn it to it , try it both ways , also inspect the screw and see if maybe there is a piece of frayed metal sticking up from one of those screws, sometimes people tighten them and sslip a bit and or turn out of the area with the screw driver and create a raised area and this could cause the rotor to get stuck on it when it turns to it, if u dont understand what i just said u can call me and i will gladly walk u through it ok

joe

Aquaracer

5/1/07
Hey thanks for the tips guys- Does not feel like it is hitting something- like it's snagging on something- It has a sort of elastic quality when it finally makes it's half revolution- is if the gear train is turning but finding resistance- I think maybe , since it's a couple of days old- it should be replaced- Sound logical?

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Did you let it unwind all the way and then see how it spins?

I have a PO from sub4me and I can't even hear the rotor, nor can I feel it. If the thing didn't keep perfect time I would think it was quartz!!!

RB

Aquaracer

5/1/07
Yeah I'm doing that now- I'll let it wind down till it's unwound and see if the rotor can wind the watch.

Handwound it keeps PERFECT time- truly impressive actually.