• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

omega po question for the experts

macguyver4u

Horology Curious
14/3/11
Ok, I'm about to take the dive into the PO. I have some basic noob questions that I could not find via search. Lay has the PO going for 78 dollars with asian 21j movement and minearl glass. My questions are as follow.

1. I will assume that the mineral glass can be replaced with aftermarket saphire? how much is the saphire going for?

2. asian 21j can you replace that with the Miyota 8215 they are the same physical dimensions Will the hands fit? what about the date wheel?

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
for the money you will save i would have thought it was going to be easy to pay a bit more and get a sapphire crystal version.

no idea in regards to movement.

But if you're going to that kind of effort when not try and source a UPO

macguyver4u

Horology Curious
14/3/11
i was thinking the same thing, the reason I'm on the fence about is because some minearl crystal are really on the same par as saphire these days I.E seiko. I was wondering if there a real huge difference. I've also read that some of the saphire are glued onto glass crystal instead of one solid piece.

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
my friend go for UPO!its great replica!dont think!