• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO Pearl

GT40

Horology Curious
26/10/06
Hi...

Can anyone advise me, I've been wearing my Ultimate PO for about 4 months, a few days ago I notice the Pearl had dropped off. Can anyone tell me where I could get a replacement and are the easy enough to install.

Any help appreciated.

Rayman

Looking Around
17/3/06
GT40 said:
Hi...

Can anyone advise me, I've been wearing my Ultimate PO for about 4 months, a few days ago I notice the Pearl had dropped off. Can anyone tell me where I could get a replacement and are the easy enough to install.

Any help appreciated.

Any luck in finding a replacement pearl? I am in dire ned of one for my 45.5 also... I have e-mailed Jay (Silix) where I bought the watch, still waiting for his reply...

Cheers,

Rayman

bunns

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/07
This happened to my UPO from Andrew. He told me that it cannot be replaced, as it is integrated into the entire bezel assembly.....I have seen some bezel replacements on ebay for around 30 bucks, and they have a pearl integrated onto the insert....I am just not sure if it will fit my UPO or not....does anyone know if this will work?

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
If you have the UPO , you can swap the bezel out. I checked into this as I was going to swap bezels from orange to black and then back after a couple months of wear each.

You cant get the pearl seperate, you have to get the bezel and the price that was quoted to me was $40 but maybe it's come down since.

I think Silix's PO's are different than the UPO that the other dealers sell, so I would be careful and do more research before ordering one only to find out it wont work.

austin870

Known Member
15/5/07
Daytona, is it pretty easy to change the bezels? I also wanted to go from Orange To Black. Does it wear any threads out quickly or anything? It sounds like a good idea for $40.

Rayman

Looking Around
17/3/06
daytona4me said:
If you have the UPO , you can swap the bezel out. I checked into this as I was going to swap bezels from orange to black and then back after a couple months of wear each.

You cant get the pearl seperate, you have to get the bezel and the price that was quoted to me was $40 but maybe it's come down since.

I think Silix's PO's are different than the UPO that the other dealers sell, so I would be careful and do more research before ordering one only to find out it wont work.

Received my answer from Jay (Silix), he will sell the bezel insert, not a pearl, so I will buy an insert with my next purchase...a 42MM orange PO...

Cheers,

Rayman

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
02transam said:
So, how do you change the insert?

I don't have a PO (yet) - but on my SMP and GMT they just pry off. So, you tape the watch (I use painter's tape), then take a knife (I use a case back remover), put it between the watch and bezel (I start at the 5 o'clock), and *pop* - off it comes.

With my Omegas there is a small "plug" (????) with a tiny spring underneath at the 8 o'clock - DON'T LOOSE IT - and a bezel spring that holds it on (don't loose that either) - both can go flying if you're not careful.

chemdude

Horology Curious
11/9/09
I plan on purchasing A rep PO. Is it common for the pearl to fall out?

prelude

Renowned Member
6/6/09
USA
I had my PO pearl fell off about 1 week after I started to wear watch (from Silix). I contacted Silix and they sent me new insert. It was a bit challenging to put new insert to the watch. I end up superglueing mine. Good luck.

02transam

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/09
jmd33 said:
02transam said:
So, how do you change the insert?

I don't have a PO (yet) - but on my SMP and GMT they just pry off. So, you tape the watch (I use painter's tape), then take a knife (I use a case back remover), put it between the watch and bezel (I start at the 5 o'clock), and *pop* - off it comes.

With my Omegas there is a small "plug" (????) with a tiny spring underneath at the 8 o'clock - DON'T LOOSE IT - and a bezel spring that holds it on (don't loose that either) - both can go flying if you're not careful.

thanks for the info