• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO Invicta Homage Watch!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I like Omegas model better. Oh and course Invicta had to make it 47mm, WTF? They might as well go with a 67mm next. :D

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
yeah. It's kewl that invicta has an homage watch since i've mostly seen their homages for subs/smp'ish.

but that's big... and lack of the HE valve somehow throws me off a little.

Oh wow, i read "better wearing this than a *fake* if u want to try out what an Omega PO is like."

i dunno bout u, but i'd rather try the rep.

people on the gen forums so passionate with hating reps.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Yeah guys on Gen forums really have to take that big stick out from their ass, bashing reps as if they were doing anything bad to them directly, worst thing is that they say that US who wear reps are nothing but losers :roll: , lots of us own gens and can afford them, but we like reps because some of us are cheap bastards (like me :) ) or we like to try out the watch first before we buy it or we just love the design so much we have to get it, anyway you see it reps are good, if they should be bashing someone it should be the scammers trying to sell reps as if they were gens, but no, they have to attack the ones who WEAR them.

Here's one that will crack you up, they really believe that bullsh** about the Swiss, Italian and Japanese Reps! And they always mention "Those swiss reps are getting pretty good!" :lol:

And some of them have leaked to our forums, and even mentioned they have to visit the rep forums and read the reviews, etc. to keep up to date on fakes and how they should avoid them and spot them, on the watchuseek forums I've seen posts explaining how they call the PO in 45mm the UPO here and they spot out all of the obvious flaws like the pearl position, the serial, etc... I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, because the good is that it will avoid someone purchasing a rep instead of a gen... you tell me the bad. :|

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i totally agree.

How long do u get to try on a watch for? maybe 5 minutes at a dealership. U wear it, then later find that the bracelet digs into your skin like a bitch! or u realize a week later that the watch really isnt u. or u try different watches on and grow to love a specific rep that leads to a gen purchase.

all positive stuff.

Negative of course is the legal issues.

antoher negative is sellers scamming people.

but to create a class lvl and then just say "people who wear reps are bad" is just prejudice.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I hear ya crick, and I gotta say I did look at that one myself but as you mentioned the lack of the HE does kinda through ya and then the size and the movement makes it a no go for me. Then again its better the the Alpha PO I guess, stick with the rep PO or better yet the gen. 8)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
guanaconaco said:
Yeah guys on Gen forums really have to take that big stick out from their ass, bashing reps as if they were doing anything bad to them directly, worst thing is that they say that US who wear reps are nothing but losers :roll: , lots of us own gens and can afford them, but we like reps because some of us are cheap bastards (like me :) ) or we like to try out the watch first before we buy it or we just love the design so much we have to get it, anyway you see it reps are good, if they should be bashing someone it should be the scammers trying to sell reps as if they were gens, but no, they have to attack the ones who WEAR them.

Here's one that will crack you up, they really believe that bullsh** about the Swiss, Italian and Japanese Reps! And they always mention "Those swiss reps are getting pretty good!" :lol:

And some of them have leaked to our forums, and even mentioned they have to visit the rep forums and read the reviews, etc. to keep up to date on fakes and how they should avoid them and spot them, on the watchuseek forums I've seen posts explaining how they call the PO in 45mm the UPO here and they spot out all of the obvious flaws like the pearl position, the serial, etc... I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, because the good is that it will avoid someone purchasing a rep instead of a gen... you tell me the bad. :|

as we have gens they also have reps, they just don't admit to it. they just like to talk tough in front of their friends. imagine that. :roll:

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
hk45ca said:
guanaconaco said:

as we have gens they also have reps, they just don't admit to it. they just like to talk tough in front of their friends. imagine that. :roll:

Haha, got me there, I don't say I have reps there on the Gen forums, but I'm referring to the ones who bash rep wearers, I hate them! :evil:

lp2025

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/08
I think most of the people who have gens also have reps. They are afraid to admit it because then everyone will think that thdeir gens are reps too. I know, this has happened to me! Just goes to show that being honest about you watch gets you nowhere. It's all reps for me from now on. If it breaks I can toss it and get another one for less than the price of a repair for a gen Omega or Rolex.
Reps all the way.
That Invicta looks pretty good too.

assasi9

19/1/08
sells for less than $150 on amazon, but the say its 51mm. could they be referring to the size with crown included? also, it says the watch has an automatic movement. anyone know what kind?

assasi9

19/1/08
i like it. i'll wait for it to go on sale and scoop one up. if i am patient, i can prob get this for around $100.

musicale

13/1/08
Looks nice, if perhaps a little big! Might pick one up just for fun, that Miyota movement is supposed to be pretty good.