• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO HE valve position

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of the gen PO's has HE valve positioned like one of the earlier Omega PO's.
I was looking at random Omega PO pics that someone has posted. It had a display case, and the person who posted it claimed it as gen, and said it was bought used. So when I realized the HE valve position was just like the older version PO's, I was wondering if that person had been scammed, or bought a rep and tried to sell it off as gen.

I'd really be interested if there are gens that have HE valve positioned like that. Thanks!

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Where are my manners..
5041AFD9331C03002A

5041AFD9331B8C002B

For this one, the case back does seem to show the correct movement, but the HE position somehow bothers me a little.
different one
4FFA4894357F6F0022

4FFA4894350458001B

For this one, not only is the HE position little down, but the lume on the minute hand seems to be different. Further, I've never seen hands set that look like that.

What do you guys think?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep no issues with that, He fine, I think the heavier numerals on the bezel might be giving an impression of lower He in some pics, its just an optical illiusion/photo angles either way. The different lume colours on hands is a feature of the new PO's also.
...And tbh, if new rep PO's ever get as finished as the one in the pics, movement and all, I'll eat one of them :)

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
thank you so much for clarification! never knew a gen PO came with HE valve positioned like that!
Yep no issues with that, He fine, I think the heavier numerals on the bezel might be giving an impression of lower He in some pics, its just an optical illiusion/photo angles either way. The different lume colours on hands is a feature of the new PO's also.
...And tbh, if new rep PO's ever get as finished as the one in the pics, movement and all, I'll eat one of them :)
Thanks, I never knew the lume colors were different. I think it's pretty cool!
Yeah, I thought the first one was gen or franken at least; and the second one, because of the lume, I thought it was rep for sure :)