• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO date change off 6 hours.

cs133atom

Horology Curious
6/5/06
Date change approximately 6 hours off. Anything I can do besides taking it to a watch guy and having it regulated?

Craig

geo1nah2a

Known Member
29/9/06
Do you want to open the watch and do it yourself? You have to set the time at exactly the time it changes date (up to the second), hack the crown, open the back, remove the crown, remove the movement holders, take out all 3 hands, and re set them to 00:00:00. If you don't have hands removers, you could slide them around, but this might be asking for troubles.. Afterwards follow the reverse course and you will have a watch that changes at the exact second. If you fail by a couple of seconds or minutes, you know how to fix it, restart.. Or better yet, test it before placing the movement back in the case.

Be careful not to scratch the dial, not to scratch the hands, bend the hands, leave dust everywhere, leave fingerprints everywhere, touch sensitive parts of the movement etc.

Maybe it is safer to take it to a watchsmith. :) That said, I would do it myself ;)

Best of luck, regardless