• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO crpwn turned over

Bodo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/06
I turned the crown of my Planet Ocean Pumpkin one turn too much.
Now the crown can´t be scewed down anymore.
Where can I get a spare crown and tube?
And what are the part-numbers?

Any help is appreciated.

omegakronetubuswebzh4.jpg

Bodo

9/7/06
45,5 mm Version
There is a number engraved in the caseback: 168.1682
Is that the case number?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
That makes things a little more complicated. The genuine Omega crown tube is more narrow than the rep. So, you will have to either fill and re-drill, manufacture a sleeve, or cement the tube in place. I've only seen one member attempt this. He used a cement called "Instant Weld" (or something like that). I never did see pictures of the final results, and never heard from him after that, so I don't know how it worked for him.

Another option that I have done on my black PO with stripped threads, is to simply shorten the stem, and file back the tube slightly. No more screwdown or swimming with it, but the crown sits and looks normal and cost nothing to repair :wink:

Bodo

9/7/06
Andy, you´re a genius!
What an idea!
I will do that

THANKX!!!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
that is strange. taka told me the gen parts would interchange and fix this problem very easily. mine has stripped twice and i have sent it back both times. that's where it is at right now. they defiantly have a big problem with this because it has stripped again before the dealer sent it back so it is at the factory again without even making it out of china. it looks like the crown tubes are junk to me. :x

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Here is the post I was referencing...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?sho ... 04&hl=tube

After reading it again I noticed that his picture is showing the Silix 45mm PO. Not sure if this uses the same case/tube design as the Ultimate. Takashi has done tube replacements on 42mm versions only, so I assume that is what you are referring to.

As I said, shortening the crown is an easy fix. The pic below shows my repaired black PO next to my perfect orange version. Looks good to me :D

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the site is a little slow today. lol

i deleted the duplicates for you.

yes, taka done his 42.5 but told me the 45mm used the same parts. i haven't tried it yet, i decided to let the factory fix it for the second time and they stripped it again before they could send it back to me. i would say they have a serious problem with this.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Its funny, I could tell that my black one was shit from day one. It lasted about a week. My orange one feels very good however. There is no effort needed to find the threads and it screws down 4 or 5 good turns.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
andreww said:
Its funny, I could tell that my black one was shit from day one. It lasted about a week. My orange one feels very good however. There is no effort needed to find the threads and it screws down 4 or 5 good turns.

i was the same way with my 45mm. my 42 is fine but my 45 was a problem from the beginning. it only screwed about 1/2 turn and i knew immediately it wouldn't last.