• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO Chrono last generation

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Hi
Received this watch last week

Everything works fine except this.
Is it a well-known issue about the crown..?..When I unscrewed the crown it's very loose and I'm afraid to break it in setting hours...Is it easy to fix it for a non-expert ?

Advices much appreciate.. :D

[/url]hxxp://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=1081

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
No problems,

Mine had exactly the same problem, wobbly crown screw. It's the way the crowntube is designed that is the problem. What you could do is to remove the caseback and release the crownscrew. Then glue the screw to the crown to make it stick better with epoxy glue. Be carefull though that you dont put glue on the threads! No a perfect fix, but it will make the crown feel a bit better at least!

Mike

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Thks for this advice... :wink:

And it's supposed to be the Ultimate PO.. The Super Rep.....Bad QC IMO

geo1nah2a

Known Member
29/9/06
Is the crown loose or the whole calibre? When you manually wind it, look at the dial if it is moving. If it is, then it has nothing to do with the crown being loose, it has to do with the movement holders.. This is easy to fix with a screwdriver once you open the back. Consult your dealer first..

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
geo1nah2a said:
Is the crown loose or the whole calibre? When you manually wind it, look at the dial if it is moving. If it is, then it has nothing to do with the crown being loose, it has to do with the movement holders.. This is easy to fix with a screwdriver once you open the back. Consult your dealer first..

It's only the crown...I have a friend who has this watch too and same pb...

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
This seems to be a common problem, I heard this from several people. There was some guy who's whole crown came loose and he could not find it - can remeber who it was though! Seems like a simple thing to fix from the factory - might just be a bad batch (or disgrunted employee :D )

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Yannou said:
I thought we were on about the PO Chrono, not the uPO.

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
pugwash said:
Yannou said:
I thought we were on about the PO Chrono, not the uPO.

Puggy is right. I was confused when I read the comments too :?

Here's the picture from the link Yannou originally posted:

OMG0063A_1.JPG

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Yes sorry it's the Chrono but the best rep version of it... :shock: