• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO Chrono: Gen vs. Rep Pictorial

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
Well i have always been a Breitling guy, but I always liked the PO chrono so I thought I would buy the rep. After doing some research it seemed there was a newer version with correct subdial spacing and double AR so i thought I would try 1 out.

While looking through the gen pics I found a gen for sale at a ridiculously low price and I had to buy it! All this b4 my rep even arrived! The guy was in NY, which is close to me so we met halfway over the weekend and there I was driving home with a beautiful gen on my wrist:) My rep arrived today so i thought this would be a great opportunity for some comparison pics.

Sorry for the boring story.....lets get to the fun stuff!!

Ok, first of all let me tell you, the rep is very nice! Yes of course there are some flaws like all reps, but hey for $300 its a great piece.

Biggest Flaw
---Sunken Datewheel

Other flaws
---rep has happy feet, although not that big if a deal....chrono sec hand kinda blocks it.
---GEN bracelet is amazing...rep not so bad....its rep though!
---dial does not change color like the gen. Gen changes to grey when in light....rep stays black....see pics.
---outer silver border around bezel too wide.
---inner silver border surrounding crystal not as dark silver as gen
---pearl of course...geez is it really that hard to put a circle in the middle of a triangle!! lol Its really not that bad....i just wish it wasnt as green....gen is white.
---caseback has some flaws, although that doesnt really bother me. See pics.

****NOTE ABOUT PICS---GEN LOOKS BIGGER IN PICS.....ITS SAME SIZE....GEN JUST SITS HIGHER SO IT IS SLIGHTLY CLOSER AND APPEARS BIGGER.

***Surprisingly the AR is really good....just a lighter blue than the gen. Gen is like breitling ar...purple/blue.

I am sure I might have missed a few things, but again, I am very happy with this rep. It really is a nice piece and I would suggest it to anybody that doesnt have sunken DW OCD.....even though I do :lol:

Sorry for the quick Blackberry pics...kind of in a rush!

Gen VS. Rep Pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A FEW MORE GEN PICS

HEY FRANKIE GOT IN THE PIC!!:D

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

forgot 1 flaw....chrono pushers on gen are closer to the crown.

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Congrats Italiano, they both look terrific !

Thanks for the excellent review and the great pics

I am very surprised to hear that the rep has double AR, where did you get it from?

I am bit torn between going for the more accurate s/s with black bezel (the rep. of your gen) with correct spacing or going for the rose gold with wrong spacing but terribly beautiful.

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
thanks guys....the rep came from josh. actually wore the rep all day today. i really like it!! quick tip...i wrapped some tape around the spring bars to make them thicker and now the bracelet fits much tighter!

Frankie is a boxer...i have 2....frankie and bella :)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Those pics reinforce to me that the high end Omega PO reps are some of the best out there today .....

automatics

4/11/10
---pearl of course...geez is it really that hard to put a circle in the middle of a triangle!! lol

Appreciate the good review & comparo - even with BB Pics.

+1 on that comment. It's funny isn't it.
They go to such tech/mech. lengths to perfect the replica.
Then get a little scrappy on a glaring detail... lol

Minor, but happens to most of the best reps unfortunately.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Nice review. Thanks for sharing. :)
A few C & Q's ......

I'm supprised that the Gen has a thicker case.
I didn't see a red dot on the back of the Gen.
Does the rep have a SN and how does it compare?
What number is on the Gen endlinks?

Thanks again for your nice review.

br3thr3n

Looking Around
25/12/10
hi, i would like to ask if you know the measurement of the thickness of the PO and the SMP? i checked-out the PO "quantum of solace" replica, and i think the case is kinda thicker. hopw u could help me out. thanks

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Thank you so much for this! Other than the pearl, the sunken DW and the happy feet logo the rep is spot on

ochaves

30/9/09
Great review and pics.

Is it possible that the 12 - 3 - 6 and 9 markers are bigger in the rep and closer to the numbers?

I'm looking to get this version. Just sold the old one with incorrect subdials spacing.

Hope you all have a great 2011 full of reps!!!