• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

omega PO 4th gen review by a watchmaker

luc

Horology Curious
23/12/06
hi,

i went to the watchmaker today to collect my first rep, the omega PO, as it needed a few links taken out of the bracelet and it was ready for collection. being only seventeen the guys there were suspicious and clocked it as a rep (i may have told them) when i went in and were fairly uninterested but when i picked it up the reaction could not have been much more different.

Now i assume they see many many reps every year as the place is predominantly for repairs but they said they had never seen anything like it. to add to this, some guy who worked for Omega (not sure of the exact connection) was there and started quizzing me about it (in a friendly way). I told him it was from ebay so as not to give away this place (a poor excuse i know) and when i told him the price he nearly choked on the coffee he was drinking. a very humerous encounter.

to conclude, this replica is amazing. Now i just have to make sure i do not buy anymore (i am too young to sustain this hobby!)

Luc

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
yeap, keep it secret luc! shhhhh :)

Good choice going with an omega. If you had a rollie on, it stand out very clear on a 17 yr old :)

wait till you get older and have more money (sigh) then the splurges moves into more reps and even gens.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Ya a great price for that rep all right! :wink:

Unfortunately you will have a tough time abstaining from buying more! Wear this one as a nice daily beater and enjoy.

Azkael

Known Member
28/11/06
Doesn't matter if you're young... just don't buy something like a Vacheron Constantin Malte and wear it around town with a t-shirt and jeans. Omegas are priced low enough for any young man to snatch up... don't exactly have to be rich.

8) 8)