• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

omega PO 45.5 question

panac

Renowned Member
19/5/11
]Hey guys, i have an omega po 45.5 incoming with the happy feet. Now it said upo when i bought it but from my understanding its only ultimate if it doesnt have the happy feet. I bought it with a plan to put genuine dial and hands along with sunnys crystal and it came with the gen crown and tube. So my question is can i still do all the frankening that i want to do or will the gen dial and hands not fit???

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
UPO tecnically does stand for Ultimate Planet Ocean, but that is where it stops. UPO only refers to the 45.5 mm version, no matter whether or not it is a beginner Reg version or an V5 version.

Only the V5 version iirc has the non-happy feet. Sunnydale is currently making crystals for the 42mm version, known simply as the PO, or Planet Ocean. The latest version is the V5 with the non-happy feet. All previous versions of both the PO and the UPO have happy feet.

amoliying

Horology Curious
8/4/08
This is my franken. Gen dial, hands, crown, tube and crystal
ujy6ehaq.jpg

This my gen PO
ydyrute7.jpg

amoliying

Horology Curious
8/4/08
Sure, but finally you will go for a gen. These parts cost more ir less 500/550$.
save money and you'll buy a gen ir second hand gen

amoliying

Horology Curious
8/4/08
Sorry i forgot the mouvement. Gen swiss 2824 and gen eta 2824 date wheel +- 200$

panac

Renowned Member
19/5/11
No i just want to put the gen dial, hands, gen crown and tube and hopefully a sunnydale crystal. Thats all i dont want to go overboard i just want to make sure the po that i have incoming will take the parts

tracyl

22/4/11
I have a UPO sunnydale crystal and a version 4 PO 45.5. That crystal will not fit. My PO came with a Swiss 2834 movement, so I think the gen hands would fit, but probably not the tube. But I haven't tried it.
Tracy