• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO 42 mm or 45 mm

huntr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/06
I'm getting ready to order PO but I'm having trouble deciding which diameter I should go for? I have gen seamaster with blue dial (James Bond) in full size (41mm) and I believe PO in 42 and 45 mm include the brezel and crown? I'm wondering if 45mm will look good on me (I'm 6'3'' & 230 lbs.) Any input you have will be greatly appreciated so I can make a right purchase!!

Thanks!

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
In my opinion it is not your size/weight that is the determining factor when trying to make these 'remote' decisions (difficult as they are).

The measurement you need to acquire is the distance between the lug tips - then you can measure (at your usual position on your wrist) how the prospective model will sit across your wrist

- any overreach (espcially with a bracelet model) makes the purchase questionable in my book.

Hope this helps

Narikaa

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
narikaa said:
In my opinion it is not your size/weight that is the determining factor when trying to make these 'remote' decisions (difficult as they are).

The measurement you need to acquire is the distance between the lug tips - then you can measure (at your usual position on your wrist) how the prospective model will sit across your wrist

- any overreach (espcially with a bracelet model) makes the purchase questionable in my book.

Hope this helps

Narikaa

Thats exactly why I went with the 42mm myself!
I tried the 45mm on at an AD and it was just a little awkward but the 42mm fits me fine!

madSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
I tried and owned both sizes of Planet Oceans and I have smaller wrists..... but I only like the 45mm when wearing long sleeve shirts and the 42.5mm for all around wearing. However, the 42.5mm PO does not fit or wear as nicely as a Submariner in my opinion.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The 42.5mm is just perfect. 8)
Yes the best way to know for sure is to go to a AD and try em on, that way theres no doubt as to what you like. Andrew TWG just listed the Ultimate 45mm PO so you may want to check that out.