• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Rep

journeyman68

Horology Curious
8/9/09
Has anyone seen this one in the flesh?. I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a buzz about this one.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Personally, I've been keeping my ear to the ground for this rep ever since I heard about the release of the gen. But I think, as the OP said, the ultimate let down with this for me is the size. I already have a 42mm PO, and I think the 45 would be too big for my wrists, as well as being inaccurate to the real thing.

That said, I'm now thinking I would like to create a fantasy of the liquid metal; I was a little disappointed that Omega didn't PVD/DLC/full ceramic this limited edition in the first place, and I'd so love an all black PO!

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Personally, I've been keeping my ear to the ground for this rep ever since I heard about the release of the gen. But I think, as the OP said, the ultimate let down with this for me is the size. I already have a 42mm PO, and I think the 45 would be too big for my wrists, as well as being inaccurate to the real thing.

That said, I'm now thinking I would like to create a fantasy of the liquid metal; I was a little disappointed that Omega didn't PVD/DLC/full ceramic this limited edition in the first place, and I'd so love an all black PO!

+1 All DLC would be drop dead sexy! I would be all over it. However, I still may try to grab one of these liquidmetal POs as I want a PO and dont have any yet, might as well start there.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
They'll finally get it close to being right, but it will take a few revisions. You know how it goes. I'm looking forward to this one once they work the kinks out. Maybe the PO LM V7.2 will be worth it. ;)

txcollector

Known Member
4/9/09
I'm sorry but that's not even close for a first try.

I don't really know where to start:

- the awful pearl (the could at least get the UPO one). I think they thought this was a DSSD.
- the bezel ridges are too wide
- the logo (really, how hard it is to get the new omega logo right?)
- the seconds hand (no red tip)
- the bezel insert looks strange but the ceramic photos are sometimes misleading but it should shine. The pics have a matte look.
- can't really tell but I wonder how thick the raised numbers and Omega name are. Based on my experience the Omega logo on the UPOs is not even close in thickness of the gen.
- The dial probably needs to be ceramic too (and it's not)
- The date window should not be beveled.

Pass ...