• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph

JackTheBear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/10
My first rep and my first post - so you experts go easy on me.
Got this from IdolReplicas, which I hear is the same outfit as Watcheden.
No problems - had good email communication with the company. So here is my first. I am no longer a "cherry."
Some of the common faults in the Planet rep are not having He on the gas release valve and not having the correct lettering on the clasp. Looks like this little number has those problems abated. A slight misalignment of the elapsed minute dial (9 o'clock small dial) The stop watch hand is quite precise and the date changes just before mid-nite. This is a quartz movement - look ma, no oiling - just change the battery. Would like to see the Rolex reps come with quartz movements for this reason, but have not found any since all want them to "tick" just right (which they don't anyway.)
I have a bunch of Vostok Europe, Vostok and other vintage Russians as well as a gen Omega day date Constellation. Even have a Philip Stein. What? Anyway I hope I am not out of line posting here. I know, I know, read the photo taking instructions.............
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/album.php?albumid=112
Cheers
JackTheBear

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Welcome and congrats on your 1st rep! :band:

Oh, and this thread is useless without pics. :spank:

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
Congrats and hey..Welcome to the rep world! Once you are here, you'll be addicted to this hobby.. ;)

D

d4m.test

Congratulations! I really like this watch, but as I have small wrists. I'm not sure if it will suit me. I think I'll have to visit an AD.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Ok cool welcome! :)

With regard to the Rolex and quartz...:hang: :) No way in hell, do we need a quartz Rolex. lol

Just so you know, there are automatics that run for 7-8-10 years without service. Many members on this board will report good things on automatics, from Asian 21J to ETA. Bad things too I am sure. But go ahead and get a Noobmariner from Timeshops and stretch that 100.00 over 7 years, you'll be alright. ;) Never wear a Sub quartz to the jewelry store. :lol:

ezragreg

Horology Curious
4/8/10
Ok cool welcome! :)

With regard to the Rolex and quartz...:hang: :) No way in hell, do we need a quartz Rolex. lol

Just so you know, there are automatics that run for 7-8-10 years without service. Many members on this board will report good things on automatics, from Asian 21J to ETA. Bad things too I am sure. But go ahead and get a Noobmariner from Timeshops and stretch that 100.00 over 7 years, you'll be alright. ;) Never wear a Sub quartz to the jewelry store. :lol:
I'm actually ordering the omega PU chrono 45.5 also. But I purchase it from ReplicaMake, with the A7750 movement which cost around 298$ exclude shipping.

Does it mean that the only adv for the 298$ is the movement only, or even the quality of the watch (exterior) is far much better compared with the cheap quartz?

D

d4m.test

Yes, I'm interested in the 45.5 PO Chrono, also from Replicamake. How good are these movements? I mean, how long can they last without service?

JackTheBear

7/7/10
Thanks - I suspect the reason the Rolies have mechanical movements to to obtain that second hand sweep. Thanks for the info - Has the best Sub been chosen yet in the SHOOTOUT? Had good luck with my first purchase from IdolReplicas.com I recall the Omega was about $130. Still humming along.
Thanks again
JackTheBear

petrofsko

Horology Curious
17/1/11
I got a UPO from Puretime recently $253 all their watches are vacum tested and therefore are dunkable.So it's quite handy if you want the full experience since omegas are designed for dunking.Thought people might be interested only 50m though so you can swim with them on handy really.Puretime is the only one i know do this out the pack so to speak.:)

anthon

Horology Curious
16/12/10
I grabbed the UPO Chrono from puretime also, recieved nothing but good service, as for the watch it arrived fully working.... but then my life got to it and now the hour hand on the chrono is stuck in the 5 position and is driving me crazy, I want to order a replacement but as the watch is still kinda new in every other sense it seems a waste. Need to know if I can fix it me thinks....