• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph Ultimate 7750

Zoostation

Looking Around
13/7/09
Hey all,

New to the forum. I bought the
Omega Planet Ocean 45.5 Chrono With Asia Valjoux 7750 Movement-Updated Version
(not sure I can link, but this is the watch I got: http://www.watcheden.com/omega-planet-o ... 5-p-1.html)

From WatchEden, mentioned by a bunch of people in this forum. So far they seem good.

The watch is amazing, however, the He Valve doesn't move at all. I can't unscrew it or anything...plus it's a bit marred up...like someone tried tightening it down too much or something...

Is the He Valve supposed to unscrew like the Gen one? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Welcome to RWI, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I remember in the past some people lost the He Valve and then some people glued it on. It doesn't have any function at all, so the good part is, you cannot loose it. :D

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
guru said:
Welcome to RWI, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I remember in the past some people lost the He Valve and then some people glued it on. It doesn't have any function at all, so the good part is, you cannot loose it. :D

+1

On my rep 300m it unscrews (to my surprise). I would't touch it if I were you. If you want to fix the marring search how to fix scratches - it's very easy.

Zoostation

Looking Around
13/7/09
Hmm...I did a search in here on scratch removal and didn't really find anything except removal of the AR of the crystal ...lol

These are marred...not sure it's something that can be removed...but if you could provide a link to what you mean that would be great.

But as for the unscrew thing....you guys said they fall off sometimes? Even on the Ultimate version? I know the He valves are on all price ranges...

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Well, be glad it doesn't unscrew. It should, but you really don't want to.
But "marred up"? That shouldn't be. It sounds like someone installed it too tightly using pliars or something. I can't imagine why they would do this, but that would explain why it won't unscrew.
I would make WE aware of the issue immediately, and you really need to take some pics and post them here to get some advice and input. This might be something that needs to be returned, or might be an easy fix not worth the shipping and time.
Let me know if you need some instructions on posting pics.

Sperry

2/8/07
Don't unscrew (serves no real purpose) use Mothers polish to get rid of most metal scratches. Works great.
Cheers!

Sperry

2/8/07
PS don't use the polish on the bracelet because it will smooth out the brushed look to the metal...
Unless you don't mind, then go for it and you can polish it to an almost mirror shine but you WILL loose the brushed look so go easy with that stuff.

Zoostation

Looking Around
13/7/09
Yeah...it might work but I can't tell if they are actual gouges or just surface scratches. It looks slightly marred, but I dunno. I may just leave it because as you said that Mother's stuff will shine up the brushed part...and the main case of the watch is brushed (which I wouldn't want shiny)....