• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Chrono Orange QC

yash

Looking Around
6/11/10
Hi,

What do you think of QC pictures? It is supposed to be the ultimate version -A7750 movement. Please give quick feedback on Double AR coating, sub dial spacing, center alignment of the pearl, happy feet, sunken date wheel and error parameters in the testing machine. It will be great if experts can comment on each aspect of the watch.

Should I ask for lume picture as well? Will it have double colored lume?

To my untrained eye, I can make out that center alignment of the pearl is not centered properly and is different (bigger) from original. Sub dial uppper circle should be white instead of black circle. Sub dial spacing looks spaced out. During QC pictures, second dial seems to be not working as I see no change in its position. Since, it is advertised as ultimate version for 2012, will such differences ground enough to ask for a change of the watch since I was very particular about about such errors in the watch and communicated this to the dealer. I have got 24 hour window to accept QC, hence, will appreciate your kind but quick suggestions.

Thanks.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r603/bloom1900/IMG_0519_zps4a8260ae.jpg
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r603/bloom1900/IMG_0520_zps9efc70eb.jpg
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r603/bloom1900/IMG_0518_zpse45de967.jpg
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r603/bloom1900/IMG_1036_zpsd754729c.jpg
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r603/bloom1900/IMG_0523_zpsd6215e67.jpg

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
This is a watch from PT. I am not sure if it is correct. I am also searching for this model as Ultimate Version.

yash

Looking Around
6/11/10
Mate, I'm pretty sure I'll be flamed for this answer but I have to say it. You have been here much longer than me from what I see, so please forgive my "noobness".

This is my answer:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/purpose-qc-pictures-95316

R.

I may have been here longer enough, but doesn't mean that I know a lot about this model even though I like it a lot. I seek the forum support to help me take right decisions and identify obvious flaws which I am not capable to identify even after a lot of research on this model. In all fairness, PO chrono is not heavily researched watch here. I did try to do my part in identifying flaws which I thought was obvious, however, I am not sure whether they are real flaws or figment of my imagination or whether there are others which I may have missed and hence, my post. Also is it the ultimate version or better version available in the market.

Thanks for the cardinal rules of the purpose of QC as
"Purpose of QC pic:

1) ensuring that you are getting the right watch
2) identifying any serious flaws in the item"

I feel that my question qualifies as per the rule no. 2. This is what my question is mainly about. I had highighted above question to the dealer to ensure that such issues are not there in chosen watch. And I didn't name the dealer as it is irrelevant for my questions. I am pretty sure that there will be willing experts who can guide me in taking informed decisions.

Thanks.

rud19

26/5/12
"What do you think of QC pictures? It is supposed to be the ultimate version -A7750 movement. Please give quick feedback on Double AR coating, sub dial spacing, center alignment of the pearl, happy feet, sunken date wheel and error parameters in the testing machine. It will be great if experts can comment on each aspect of the watch.

Should I ask for lume picture as well? Will it have double colored lume?"

IMHO, you are not asking about serious/obvious flaws but a full QC on the watch.
Yes, there are flaws in your watch.

If you REALLY want a flawless watch either:
1. Buy a Gen;
2. Buy a Rep and start modding.

I chose #2 BTW.
No hard feelings mate.
R.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Onto the issue...

I am afraid you wont get any better than this. The model didn't have that many updates so it has some standard flaws.

The pearl is one of them. "Acceptable" flaw.

Sub dial upper circle, to me they look silver, but the angle and the lighting is not that good hence they appear dark/black?

Sub dial spacing looks spaced out, also not getting any better, this the standard 7750 movement...

During QC pictures, second dial seems to be not working, about this you are totally right, you can demand a pic showing the watch is indeed working.

Other than that the watch looks ok to me. If you are seeking for a better one i think you may get disappointed...

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
The best model is current the model with the modified 7750 movement. There is the subdail spacing smaller.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The best model is current the model with the modified 7750 movement. There is the subdail spacing smaller.

I think thats the one the OP has in his QC pics...

The previous one with the big subdial spacing looked like this

Omega-2012-01-12-32-01_enl.jpg

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Yep, OP that PO Chrono is as good as it will get, nice watch. I've been lusting over the Black Bezel version though.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
As good as it gets.

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
It is not the best model. But it is the standard 7750 model. As i said the model is the model with the modiefied 7750 with closer subdail spacing. But this model have PT not on their site. You can believe me. I studied all PO Chronos. Because i am self searching for the best model. And thands to Mr. Pap. He helps me very much. But i am not sure if there is a model with the correct subdail spacing available (not with closer subdails-with correct subdails). If i find one, i will post it.