• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Big Blue

Ibcarpro

Looking Around
16/2/24
Ms
I have this watch, it’s absolutely stunning, I’m new to this world but I can’t imagine how it could be better…

Reactions: NilsD

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I have the similar but in Black/red.

Can't say enough good things about it.
The ceramic and brushing is awesome.
Movement has been great, no problems.
strap is super supple, clasp is nicely done.

I think one of the versions had a flaw (bezel brushed instead of glossy or something like that) I think it was the black/silver version.

I haven't had the blue in person but remember another member having one and being very happy with it.

Reactions: NilsD and Ibcarpro

Jawfxr

Looking Around
21/1/24
I’m in the process of getting similar model and the TD is actually saying that the 7750 movement isn’t stable?? What? Anyone hear that or experience an issue with the movement ?

Reactions: NilsD

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
It has the jumping hour just like all the other regular GMT planet oceans

I assume the movement is the same among the GMTs

If he said 7750, I am curious if you are referring to the planet ocean chrono 45mm with two subdials.
That model may very well be iffy when it comes to movement reliability. A good friend of mine had one die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I’m in the process of getting similar model and the TD is actually saying that the 7750 movement isn’t stable?? What? Anyone hear that or experience an issue with the movement ?
It has the jumping hour just like all the other regular planet oceans

I assume the movement is the same.

If he said 7750, I am curious if you I are referring to the planet ocean chrono 45mm with two subdials.
That model may very well be iffy when it comes to movement reliability.
The VS clone movement in these are very stable and well proven. Never heard of a VS GMT or PO using a 7750. @APjumbo Is correct though, the Planet Ocean Chrono (only made by OMF i think) is not the greatest movement.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I read a comment earlier in the week from a respected member who said the 7750 chronos of the past were unreliable, but these days they are my much better.

The fact that watch repair extrodinaire Dogwood doesn’t like servicing the 7750 steers me away from them unless I’m in absolute love with the model.

Want a chrono, consider a Daytona, or a seiko quartz or ST19 moonwatch. Not a dive watch that can’t touch water.

Reactions: NilsD and Reaps

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I read a comment earlier in the week from a respected member who said the 7750 chronos of the past were unreliable, but these days they are my much better.

The fact that watch repair extrodinaire Dogwood doesn’t like servicing the 7750 steers me away from them unless I’m in absolute love with the model.

Want a chrono, consider a Daytona, or a seiko quartz or ST19 moonwatch. Not a dive watch that can’t touch water.
The A7750 nowadays, if in original configuration is very stable. But I'm extremely wary of any movement that has to modify the A7750 at all.

Troklo

23/12/15
I've bought two of these watches but unfortunately in both cases the bezel popped off and was lost and has been impossible to find a replacement. If you're thinking on buying this model bring it to a watch maker and make sure that the bezel is seated correctly.

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
I've bought two of these watches but unfortunately in both cases the bezel popped off and was lost and has been impossible to find a replacement. If you're thinking on buying this model bring it to a watch maker and make sure that the bezel is seated correctly.
My bezel popped off also…. Thought to watchmaker who replaced it…. Hope it stays on!

Troklo

23/12/15
My bezel popped off also…. Thought to watchmaker who replaced it…. Hope it stays on!
Where did you get yours from? I might just get a new one but don't know if it's still available