• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonwatch

ttu599

Horology Curious
27/3/06
Thinking of purchasing the Speedmaster Moonwatch with the Venus (manual) movement. I have only purchased Rolexes from dealers and not an Omega, so a couple of questions. I have read all of the reviews and searched through the forums. But does anybody know if the watches carried by the dealers all come from the same manufactuer. I really can't tell a difference. I was looking at the WO-Mart site and he has 3 different ones, all with different pricing and then Sash5 has one. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
you would probably have to scour reviews for them. wo-mart has 3 different ones because each slightly differ from another - from recessed subdials to numeric markers or lack of to smaller sized casing.

find some pics of a gen and make your comparisons if you like. By-tor's & pug has some great reviews of moonwatches.

there's nothing u can do about the subdial spacing though :(

ttu599

Horology Curious
27/3/06
Thanks, for the response. I figured WO-marts offereings differed somehow.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
No matter how inaccurate (and all reps are) they are still nice to see, looking good.. AND, there are virtually zero people who would EVER notice the differences.. one techinque for you to use is to finda pic of a genuine.. and then of a replica.. and using split screen, compare..
:D

Life is Good!
Klink

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
The wo-mart offerings don't seem to have the "bubble" shape to the crystal.

jamesg

Horology Curious
11/9/06
I've just had one from PT and it's a beautiful rep - not left my wrist for over a week!

dsc00085gq2.jpg

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Acrylic version is most accurate, but does seem hard to find now..

Life is Good!
Klink

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
it is very nice, very very nice. its a real eye catcher.