• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega logo on Seamaster PO

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Ok. I'm trying to learn more details about the PO's because I have a 42mm one from WBK but I think I'd like a nicer version now.

One question I have is this... On the Omega website, upon close inspection, the Omega symbol is white. On all the reps I'm seeing, it is silver. Did Omega change to white or has it always been this way.

Also, the version I have has a straight He valve crown. What I mean is, on the outer end it has the groove but on the end next to the case it is straight. No taper. Lots of other versions I've seen have it tapered near the case like the gen.

One other thing. Mine has a cheapy 21j and is running a couple of minutes fast and has since I got it a few weeks ago. I know on the ETA movements there is an adjustment screw to speed up or slow down. I don't know much about 21j's. Do they have a similar adjustment?

I've read some reviews and done lots of research so any help on these questions would be appreciated.

Thanks

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
the 21J does allow for adjustments. 5 minutes (I assume in a day?) should be able to adjust out.
Don't know about the logo or the crown until I get home and look at my UPO.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
The Omega logo on the gen should be silver, just like on the reps. Perhaps the pictures you have seen show the reflection of white, rather than being painted. The flaw on the "?" though is the so-called "happy feet" - the serifs (or points) on the feet of the ? point up on all the reps, whereas on the gen it is straight across.

As for the HEV placement, this is indeed a problem, particularly on the 42mm version. On your 21J version, it will always be centred on the 10 index, while the gen should be positioned slightly higher. As for what can done about it, well that is for a different post...

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Yes Level, I meant just a couple of minutes a day. Maybe 5 min/24 hrs. Is there a post somewhere on how to do this adjustment?

Here is the closeup pic on Omega's website. Logo looks white to me.

About the He valve, what I meant was that the screw down crown is not tapered where it meets the case. I wasn't referring to the position of the He valve in relation to the case. I'm just talking about the shape of the screw down part. Mine is seen in the 2nd pic and as you can see, where it meets the case, it's not tapered as seen in the gen pic.

POcloseup.jpg

Hecloseup.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
My Gen dial has a silver ? logo.

xeebot

Known Member
5/9/10
It's definitely silver. What you're seeing is the reflection making it look white, most likely the lighting they use to shoot the pics.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Search ebay and look at their pics. All are silver. The pics on Omega's website are probably photoshopped. Rolex does it also.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
The logo on the bracelet is supposed to be "happy"; the dial is not.

And yes, now I see what you mean about the HEV crown. I have strongly considered getting a gen one of those too, but now I'm starting to think that you can go too far! :)

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
Be wary of the Omega website, the pics sometimes look nothing like the reality - I was in the market for a Speedmaster recently, and the Omega website photos look nothing like the reality...

MMA

5/10/10
The Omega logo on the gen should be silver, just like on the reps. Perhaps the pictures you have seen show the reflection of white, rather than being painted. The flaw on the "?" though is the so-called "happy feet" - the serifs (or points) on the feet of the ? point up on all the reps, whereas on the gen it is straight across.

All reps except for the Ploprof V2.

;)

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
What's the AR supposed to be? Mine has a blue tint to it around the edge when the light hits it right. Is that correct?

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Wow, Omega enthusiasts, I was beginning to believe that you ppl don't exist...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I don't see the "blue tint" with my Gen crystal installed. I remember seeing it plus light rings from the dial reflection before the swap.

XyKo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/09
I was at the AD 2 days ago and was trying on the PO. I did noticed the very light blueish tint on it and the salesman even pointed it out.

Now my questions is, should all PO be double AR or is it only on the limited edition? I was checking out the website and only the LE stated double AR.

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
I was at the AD 2 days ago and was trying on the PO. I did noticed the very light blueish tint on it and the salesman even pointed it out.

Now my questions is, should all PO be double AR or is it only on the limited edition? I was checking out the website and only the LE stated double AR.

The regular PO is also double AR coated, and the double coating does result in a light blueish tint, as you have correctly mentioned. Normally, uncoated sapphire crystal has a slight pinkish tent.

One thing to watch-out for is that mineral crystal tends to have a light blueish tent also, so its case of knowing where this tint is coming from on ur rep, the double AR or the material of the crystal.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I just checked on my FrUPO and I do see the blue tint. I got confused between that and my Gen SMP. :lol:

My Gen crystal on my FrUPO has double AR.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
I'm guessing mine's from the crystal material, whatever it is. It's supposed to have come from WBK. Since his watches are less expensive, I'd guess it's not double AR...