• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega in Olympics commercial

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Ive been seeing a certain Omega on the Olympics commercials. Found out its a Seamaster. Never really been into these. The Olympic edition has really caught my eye !!!

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
You referring to is the one which has a blue dial and a chronograph function?

Hazz37

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/4/12
Saw it also, I have already asked Mary, but there is no rep :(

iamthestig

Renowned Member
16/5/12
junJh.gif

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yes!

I'm sure they will use the wrong crown.
52210445003001-50.jpg

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
No wonder theres a price hike at omega, its probably all the cost of sponsorship at our London 2012, i have never seen a watch brand advertised so much!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
These are nice alright, but I doubt they will be done, we are waiting for a simple good non-chrono AT which would be a good step forward but with these we are talking close subdialed movement with date @ 4.30, unfortunately no such movement afaik!

Also while I absolutely hate blatant brand advertising, I can forgive Omega somewhat in this instance. While they are a major sponsor, they can hardly be considered in the same bracket as pure advertising such as macdonalds or durex or adidas etc.
Omega have been involved in timing olympic events for a 100 years and they are an integral part of the timing of events at the games, including development of vital timing systems such as swimming touch pads that we still see today and photo finish timing devices for track events etc.
They've kinda earned their name up there in this instance.
http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/sports

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
Rolex and AP are very active in the PGA Tour.

Am a golf enthusiast and yes there active but, not at this level, did you see rory macs ap the other day it was about 80ks worth! really tough being a top flight sportsperson!:lol:

M4rtin

Known Member
19/7/12
Been watching olympics every day and beside Omega stickers at event which they're timing I haven't seen any other advertizing by Omega.
I think this is normal, and they're not over doing it, if I saw commercials every hour or so for Omega watches then it would be a different story.

In my mind, I watch olympics, I see sticker on the field where given sport is taking place and it says the name of the company that is timing it, that's all.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
And apparently nobody told them..>>>

That "happy feet" are only found on cheap Chinese movement reps these days..:biglaugh::biglaugh: