• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega feets ... fake or not??

Lex2009

29/10/09
Hi there,

looking a long time for an UPO, I often see people who are annoyed about the feets of the omega logo AT the seamaster dial. NowI have one, also I have these feets too ...

But ...

... these days I had looked about some photos of my former Seamaster Professional Sir Peter Blake .... and this - sure gen watch - has these feets too, look at the pic:

redirector.php
eyga-2-jpg.html

Is it a fake watch? I think not so ... bought it at an AD with all the papers ...

Whats up with the feets?? I don´t know ...

Thank you :lol:

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I've never seen this bezel insert before, which serie is it from?

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
yeah happy feets were on the older Omegas... I don't know which year they converted and chopped it off though

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09

That's the "electric blue" ... from about 10 years back and possibly the nicest of the modern seamasters.

Here's my gen (on the left) with a rep - both have happy feet.
HE valve placement, the more narrow bezel font and crown guard are the key differences.
The blue colour changes with viewing angle.
2blues_3.jpg

yukishredder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/10
That's the "electric blue" ... from about 10 years back and possibly the nicest of the modern seamasters.

Here's my gen (on the left) with a rep - both have happy feet.
HE valve placement, the more narrow bezel font and crown guard are the key differences.
The blue colour changes with viewing angle.
2blues_3.jpg

many thanks for the pictures and pointing out the differences
i'm learning so much of what to look out for

great watches

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Yes contrary to the Nexperts opinions, gen Subs have bad pearls and Omegas have had happy feet.

Lex2009

29/10/09

Its a special model addicted to Sir Peter Blake ... yes, 10 years could match ...

@ meta4: Whats the impression rep vs. gen? I remember the SM felt like a very worthy watch ... similar to my actual UPO ... does the rep-dial equates to the gen? It was a very nice steelblue ...

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I prefer the "happy feet". The Omega brand still has happy feet, so why did they change the watch logos? I like the fact that the older watch logos matched the company logo. The new ones are "off" IMO. I'm wearing a gen 2264 right now.....yep happy feet, just the way I like it......

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Lex ... I did a side by side comparison back when I picked up the gen.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/smp-electric-blue-gen-rep-43795?t=43795

I felt the rep was a worthy copy.
The dial is lighter in some light than the gen which tends to go dark readily, but sometimes they can be the same colour.
The differences I noticed the most were the overall smoothness of the gen (none of the sharp machined edges of the rep) and the bezel font.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
afaik, all printed models have happy feet and it appears that all metal logos are flat feet but I don't know the history. it might just be later watches with metal logos with flat feet and may be why there's so many happy feet out there. whoever makes the logos in china probably stamped a trillion of them and they are probably just using old stock who knows.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
afaik, all printed models have happy feet and it appears that all metal logos are flat feet but I don't know the history. it might just be later watches with metal logos with flat feet and may be why there's so many happy feet out there. whoever makes the logos in china probably stamped a trillion of them and they are probably just using old stock who knows.

I Agree ... for the most part for recent models Gen Applied Logo = Flat feet, Gen Printed Logo = Happy Feet ...... of course, this only applies to the dial.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Just for a point of clarification (not that I really care to be right, or not) - but I'm wearing a gen "Black Bond" quartz today (with the newer metal applied logo symbol - but printed "Omega" ), yep...."happy feet" there too.

I don't know when the quartz Black Bond started to be made, but the flat feet must be after that production.

So, I'm not really sure when, what, or when.......

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I Agree ... for the most part for recent models Gen Applied Logo = Flat feet, Gen Printed Logo = Happy Feet ...... of course, this only applies to the dial.

Yeah I held the gen 45mm PO a few weeks ago and it had happy feet on the clasp and I think on the crown as well. Would look kinda strange without it though.

Just for a point of clarification (not that I really care to be right, or not) - but I'm wearing a gen "Black Bond" quartz today (with the newer metal applied logo symbol - but printed "Omega" ), yep...."happy feet" there too.

I don't know when the quartz Black Bond started to be made, but the flat feet must be after that production.

So, I'm not really sure when, what, or when.......

Quartz bond? I held the gen, no happy feet on the one that I was looking at. It had the metal logo on it. I remember because I was like, I thought this watch had painted on logo.

DickBrowne

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/09
That's the way it is with all my gens - painted logo=happy feet, metal logo=not so happy

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Quartz bond? I held the gen, no happy feet on the one that I was looking at. It had the metal logo on it. I remember because I was like, I thought this watch had painted on logo.

That's what I'm trying to say. I have the Black Bond in quartz Mod#: 212.30.41.61.01.001). It has the metal Omega symbol but the word "Omega" is printed. The metal symbol on that one has the "happy feet".

BUT...... the last time I went to an AD and looked at its big brother (the automatic, Mod#: 212.30.41.20.01.002) both the logo and word "Omega" were metal. I think that one does NOT have the "happy feet" (but maybe I'm remembering wrong).

Weird huh, because you would think all of the metal logos (whether they are with a printed "Omega" or metal "Omega" would all not have happy feet .......

(sh!t, I think I just got a headache).

Can anyone with the gen 212.30.41.20.01.002 confirm which "feet" you have?????? [because now I'm just curious, but too damn lazy to take a trip to the mall] :headdesk:

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
212.30.41.20.01.002 have flat feet on a metal applied logo per the Omega stock pictures. However, the feet are pointed at the end, they just don't turn up.

212.30.41.61.01.001 also have flat feet on a metal applied logo per the Omega stock pictures. However, the feet are pointed at the end, they just don't turn up.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
It all depends on the watch you have. The crowns and boxes have feet as does the web site. :) It all boils down to the model.