• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Electric Blue Seamaster 2255.80

TAGfan

26/1/09
I really like this watch. I love blue dialed watches, and this one seems to be a beaut. See if you can discern whether the pic is a rep or a gen. :?:

Having heard that the factory which produced a very accurate and worthwhile replica has closed, I am curious to hear other members opinions on the versions that are available today.

Judging by By-Tor's reviews it would seem that there is not much hope of me getting a nice replica of this these days, unless it is an older version.

Has anyone purchased a rep of this recently, and if so - where from? I only see it available on a couple of dealer sites.

bluesmpside.jpg

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Looks gen to me. Seamaster reps aren't that far off anyway, the main tells are the bracelet pins, lume, hand sizes and HE placement but they look o.k. on the wrist. I have an SMP and a GMT and they're both passable... :wink:

smc

Known Member
24/9/08
Gen.

I actually own one. It's pretty easy to tell.

Btw, you can get this fantastic gen watch used for around 1k USD now. I thought it was worth the money.

TAGfan

26/1/09
Yes, it is a gen. I guess all you need to look at is the datewheel and the color of the lume.

smc

Known Member
24/9/08
Actually the reps are nowhere close. Rehaut, bezel, case, dial, crown, bracelet... it's all close but no cigar.

All you need to do is go to a dealer that has one of these in stock (if you can find one) and you'll know.

TAGfan

26/1/09
That's good info - thanks.

I saw a used one recently that was for sale at WUS. I think it went for $850 or something like that.